I'm looking for any model that's got the hardcore -but no to sharp- feel. I'm about to sell my bass and I'm looking for a new guitar because I have a shit telecaster i bought at guitar center for 89$ NEW. I'm looking for something preferably without a whammy or tremolo and doesn't have a pickguard. It also have to have active humbuckers.
I've already decided that ESP's are out of the question and I'm considering a jackson.

IT MUST BE $175 OR UNDER

Anyone got any ideas?
Last edited by blackveilsirens413 at Oct 27, 2016,
You aren't getting a name brand guitar with active pickups for $175 USD. You'll have to pay more, or stick to your budget and swap the pickups later.
Quote by blackveilsirens413
guitarkid8 I was thinking used. Right now I'm mostly looking at different brands

Used is definitely going to be your best bet and even then I'd try to save up another $100-$125 and get something decent for $300 you can get a MIJ Jackson DKMGT (no trem) I got my DKMGT for $300 near mint with factory hard case and EMG 81/85 set.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Not sure you're gonna find even a used guitar with active pickups for under $175. It would be a very lucky find. Active pickups alone can easily cost that much.
The used market is VERY sensitive to active pickups. I have never seen ether locally or online, a name brand guitar with active pickups for less than $200. You might get lucky and find a low end model with actives swapped into it for that much, more than likely it will be a parts guitar.

I think one thing to consider here is that you can get a decent guitar with passive humbuckers for your price range, why do you want/have to have active?
Quote by guitarkid8
The used market is VERY sensitive to active pickups. I have never seen ether locally or online, a name brand guitar with active pickups for less than $200. You might get lucky and find a low end model with actives swapped into it for that much, more than likely it will be a parts guitar.

I think one thing to consider here is that you can get a decent guitar with passive humbuckers for your price range, why do you want/have to have active?

Agreed my DKMGT had the actives installed after the fact as it came stock that years with EMGHZ passives and the Turbocharger/Afterburner plus 10db boost which the original owner left in tact when installing the actives which was a win/win for me for $300 w/case.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge