Hey all,
So first off, learning guitar visually doesn't make THAT much sense, I get that. It's a motor skill and like all motor skills it must be practiced to really stick.
The reason I ask this question is because I've made a 'Magic Mirror' ( https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/magic-mirror/ ) for my house and I am looking into developing some apps(modules) to display on my mirror.
I am a bit new to guitar and so I figured a creating a little guitar app would be a fun project to not only brush up on my programming skills, but also to help me ease into guitar a little better.
At the moment I have a little app that cycles through images of chords. I was thinking of also including a diagram of the Circle of 5th's.
Does anyone with maybe more guitar experience than me have any other suggestions? There aren't really any limits to what I can program onto my mirror (minus touchscreen) so I'm open to all ideas
Thanks!
Last edited by ridley177 at Oct 27, 2016,
I could see it being a thing where it will show your chords or tabs you're trying to learn on the mirror. Maybe you could have like, a virtual fretboard in the mirror that can almost lay on top of the reflection of your fretboard to show where the chords would be and maybe alternate chord shapes to help.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If I had a magic mirror I'd give myself tits and play with them all day.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
H4T3BR33D3R I like this. I'm thinking the full fret board to show a chord in various positions along the fretboard, and possibly the power chord equivalent. It really throws me off when i'm learning a punk song that displays the chords as regular chords instead of the power chord version.

The 4th tuning is beyond my skill level. While I like the idea, it would take a lot for me to relearn what I know on new strings.