I am after a cheap delay pedal to use in my rig,
Amp used is an Engl fireball 60

I want to use the pedal in two ways one as a doubling effect ( setting repeats as low as possible giving a thicker sound) and the other would be to add a bit of texture to parts im playing mainly in slower passages.

Im not really going to be using it for delay on leads.

My budget however is only £40
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
You can get Boss DD-3's for about £50 used on reverb.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You can get Boss DD-3's for about £50 used on reverb.

+1

or maybe look into used EHX. I am not overly impressed with EHX' cheap pedals though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Liaztraht
They're re-branded Joyos but are decent and within budget.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_digital_delay.htm?o=0&ref=mrl_a_0&search=1477641039

while this is a cheap option and usually Joyo and the like are a good option there have been many complaints of the quality of their digital offerings. as others haven mentioned you may want to up your budget a bit and go for something good used. crappy delay can ruin an otherwise good tone.
I had an old Joyo Digital Delay and it really was not worth the money. Typically Joyo pedals are ok for the price, the delay was terrible.
Best bet is to look into a used Boss.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
The only pedal cheaper than Boss's still from a solid company is probably the DigiDelay form digitech. Barring that, go Boss DD.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof. Loop 1 into ISP decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I thought that joyo delay was ok, it sounded pretty decent. But build quality concerns are another thing (mine's fine but that doesn't mean much).

that being said a boss or digitech would likely be a better plan.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I had pretty good luck with a Digidelay. Has a looper built in. Don't use it anymore though.
monwobobbo Just throwing out options. I will second buying a used boss delay, or digitech.

Boss pedals are pretty indestructible. I have an ancient ns2 that won't die even though it's been flooded with beer many times
Liaztraht I still use an NS-2 in the front end of my 6505+ and a Desimator II in the loop
Digitech is a good call as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
From what OP describes it looks to me like he needs 2 sounds that are different setting, so he either needs 2 pedals or a pedal that can flip between 2 sounds.
That leaves DL4 or DD20, used, not sure if you can get them at that price point.