Hi, first of all really really sorry for my english but its not my language at all xD
I'm new in the forum and i'm looking for some advice about electric guitars, I played guitar in the 90's and for some reasons I stopped playing until the last year, actually I'm practicing with a borrowed Ibanez Silver Cadet and I'm looking for a new guitar .
I'm from Argentina and that's mean that guitar prices are double or more expensive than the rest of the world xD . So I reduced my list and select 3 types of differents guitarrs.

My main style is the heavy metal, from Megadeath/Metallica to Judas Priest or Iron Maiden.
I also enjoy playing Pearl Jam songs. Lastly I also played some Stevie Ray Vaughan and BB King songs.

This is the list of guitars and the price in dollars (here in Argentina)

Epiphone Les Paul 100 U$S450
Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster U$S650
Squier Classic Vibe U$S950
Epiphone G-400 PRO U$S600
ESP-LTD EC-256 U$S920
Schecter Demon 6 U$S850
Epiphone Les Paul Standard U$S1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro U$S1200
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 U$S1250
Fender Stratcocaster Standard MIM U$S1300

What I need is some advice to choose the best 2 guitars for the music style that I wrote before.
(As an example I write 3 differents Epi Les Paul with 3 very different prices, I think 3 guitars have the same sound style but for materials\electric or manufaturing quality which one do you like more as a secondary guitar) So, which guitar would you choose for any of the music styles I described before?

Edit: I've an ibanez tube screamer ts9 and a Boss Metal Zone Mt2 . I'm playing without amp xD I've a focusrite scarlet connected to the PC and a cheap studio monitor . ( But at weekends I used to practice in a place with some Marshalls Amps )
thank you .
Last edited by DJM78 at Oct 28, 2016,
I've played the EC256, and I had fun playing that guitar. I also have a Les Paul that I really enjoy (it's a Gibson), but I've played several Epiphones as well. Are you able to play these listed guitars in Argentina, or do you have to order online? I would suggest playing them out and seeing which feels best for you. If that's not an option, I'd pay attention to reviews and thoughts from others as well.

I'd also be inclined to ask what amp are you playing through? That will really help your sound as well as help thin your guitar selections.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Thanks, I'll buy the guitar here in Argentina, but I want to reduce the list before xD I've been seeing youtube reviews but mostly of them are very affected by the amp and effects that is hard to recognize the real sound .
Quote by DJM78
Thanks, I'll buy the guitar here in Argentina, but I want to reduce the list before xD I've been seeing youtube reviews but mostly of them are very affected by the amp and effects that is hard to recognize the real sound .

Well the amp is going to be a larger factor in your tone than your guitar! Remember a good amp can make a cheap guitar sound decent the reverse however is not true!

From that list the Schecters are going to be the optimum for metal.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 28, 2016,
I know, an Marshall amp is next in my list I love the sound of the marshall jcm800 but its extremally expensive here ..
My vote is either for the Epi Standard or the Epi G-400. I have never played the G-400 but I have heard others have said it holds it's own. Depends on the shape you are after. SG's tend to have neck dive so that might be something to consider, but can be remedied by a nicer strap or just sit down.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Seeing more videos I think that the Epi G-400 and a Schecter have all the chances to be the next one xD . What do you think? Can these 2 guitars cover from the Pearl Jam to the heavy metal styles ? BB King songs can wait to the next year for a Les Paul or Strato ...
Quote by DJM78
Seeing more videos I think that the Epi G-400 and a Schecter have all the chances to be the next one xD . What do you think? Can these 2 guitars cover from the Pearl Jam to the heavy metal styles ? BB King songs can wait to the next year for a Les Paul or Strato ...

If I were choosing between just those two, it would definitely be the Schecter. Bear in mind that you're talking about two very different guitars there. The G-400 has a shorter scale (24.75" vs. 25.5" for the Schecter), is more likely to be neck heavy (see bobafettacheese's comments) and, aside from the "SG look," offers very little that would make it specifically good for heavy metal styles. The Schecter is intrinsically better balanced, and will probably have better low-end clarity (thanks to the longer scale). I'm not personally a fan of EMGs, but for heavy metal, it's a good choice.

One thing you can't tell from the videos (for *any* specific guitar) is whether the frets are level and/or whether you've got a good setup to work with. You'll want to acquaint yourself with how to determine that as soon as you get the guitar.

Oh, and your english is excellent. We have political candidates who've been born and raised, living all their lives in the US whose english isn't that good.
Last saturday I went to 3 stores and tested some guitars, the list bellow are some of these guitars.( dont wrote the one's with Floy Rose because I dont have experience with FR) .
All this guitars are great for me and I think any of this guitars can play metal as well .

Edit: put in order (from cheapest to the more expensive)
Charvel Ds1 St Desolation (Mics EMG 85 / 81)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (Mics EMG 85 / 81)
Prs Se 245 S
Schecter C-1 Custom (Mics Seymour Duncan)
Cort Kx Custom

With this new list I couldn't decide yet..... what do you think of this list? Some sugestion from your experience? (example .. the cort seems great but i think is not easy to sell ) Mics SD or EMG?
Last edited by DJM78 at Oct 31, 2016,
Don't throw the Cort under bus quite yet, Most people don't realize they're main business is building guitars for other brand names, So chances are Cort could have built a few of the guitars you've looked at , Although generally not in the price range your looking at, Your going to need to add a few hundred for the prestige of that logo on the headstock, So there is something to be said about buying a guitar you've played and like rather than relying on what someone told you or a logo, Dude I play a few First Acts, and yes I get laughed at from time to time, But those laughing have no idea these things were built in Somerville Massachusetts USA and cost way more than the car they drive, Meaning don't judge a book by its cover, Read it before judging it,
Actually I like the Cort very much, it sounds great . I have some doubts about Mics . I'm in a mental war between Seymour Duncan ( Cort Kx and Schecter Custom C1 ) or the active EMG ( Schecter C1 & Charvel ) . Cort also make some of the Schecter guitars xD so some of the models as schecter demon or Cort M600 are in some aspects, the same guitar . Both guitars with SD mics cost 200 dolars more than the EMG guitars , I cant decide yet , maybe I should choose the EMG models and keep that 200 dollars to buy a new amp .