Hello guys,

I'm looking for a nice super strat guitar with swamp ash body preferably, regular ash or even alder might work though, and maple fretboard. Nothing too fancy but still high end. I'd like a snappy attack on the neck pick up and those classic 80's hard rock/heavy metal sounds from the bridge pick up. I need great articulation and harmonics. I'm looking right now into a Kiesel DC600 and a G&L Legacy Deluxe Black Ice. I can also consider something like a Charvel San Dimas HT. I do not need/want a FR bridge. Regular tremolo or hard tail will make it.

Something around $1,500 would be ideal. Can be less, can be more if the guitar is worth it.

Any other recommendations you may have?

Thank you.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I am partial to Jackson but of those listed definately the Keisel.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yep, probably the Kiesel. I used to have a Jackson DK2M and I didn't love it.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I'd look to the Carvin/Kiesel also, Fender or shall we say FMIC has they're hooks into Jackson/ Charvel these days and I just don't trust them, Crap could be made in Indonesia and assembled in Corona CA. Then they slap a Made in USA sticker on it and sell it for $1000 more than its worth
check the American delux strat...about $1500 w/case...try the rosewood fretboard..it may surprise you...check it out online see if it may work for you..
play well

wolf
If you can get a Kiesel, get one of those.

Jacksons and Charvels are very nice, but having lots of customisation options cannot be beat.
Quote by nastytroll
Fender or shall we say FMIC has they're hooks into Jackson/ Charvel these days and I just don't trust them, Crap could be made in Indonesia and assembled in Corona CA. Then they slap a Made in USA sticker on it and sell it for $1000 more than its worth

Do you actually have any proof of this whatsoever or are you just talking shit?

But with a username like that idk why I'm surprised.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If you can get a Kiesel, get one of those.

Jacksons and Charvels are very nice, but having lots of customisation options cannot be beat.

Do you actually have any proof of this whatsoever or are you just talking shit?

But with a username like that idk why I'm surprised.

What? that FMIC owns Jackson/Charvel or that they over charge for the name on the headstock?
Quote by nastytroll
What? that FMIC owns Jackson/Charvel or that they over charge for the name on the headstock?

Don't play dumb. You know I meant about how you claimed that the Jackson USA guitars are actually made in Indonesia and moved to the USA to be assembled and have a sticker slapped on them.

Prove it or stfu.
Quote by Axelfox
Give Wild West guitars in Riverside (CA) a call and tell them what you're looking for. They have one of the largest stocks of high-end Fender, Suhr and similar guitars I've seen (most of which are NOT listed on their web pages). They are MOST helpful over the phone. And since most of their business is internet-based, they can take care of you wherever you are.

OOPS! They've just moved to Pasadena! That's *really* close to me now.

https://wildwestguitars.com/
2840 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107
Phone: (951) 369-7888
dspellman

I love those guys, I got my PRS from them!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Don't play dumb. You know I meant about how you claimed that the Jackson USA guitars are actually made in Indonesia and moved to the USA to be assembled and have a sticker slapped on them.

Prove it or stfu.

I stated Could have, Ever heard of Duesenberg? Made in Germany Right? Think again, Assembled in Germany, The bodies and necks are made by Mirr Music out of S Korea, the hardware and electronics are outsourced from several other vendors, Look at Godin, Canadian company right? All they're solid body electrics are assembled in Berlin NH. USA, and of course using outsourced US made electronics and German made Hardware, Dude if you want a real Jackson why not just pony up and buy a GJ2 made by Grover Jacksons company? Or at least do so some homework on how FMIC got they're hooks into Jackson in the first place, Don't get me started on what they did to Tacoma and Guild, Let alone the atrocities they're trying to call Gretsch these days.
Quote by nastytroll
I stated Could have.

Means absolutely nothing at all.
Ever heard of Duesenberg? Made in Germany Right? Think again, Assembled in Germany, The bodies and necks are made by Mirr Music out of S Korea, the hardware and electronics are outsourced from several other vendors, Look at Godin, Canadian company right? All they're solid body electrics are assembled in Berlin NH. USA, and of course using outsourced US made electronics and German made Hardware, Dude if you want a real Jackson why not just pony up and buy a GJ2 made by Grover Jacksons company? Or at least do so some homework on how FMIC got they're hooks into Jackson in the first place, Don't get me started on what they did to Tacoma and Guild, Let alone the atrocities they're trying to call Gretsch these days.

And all this proves that USA Jacksons are built in Indonesia, how?

And if you don't even define the USA Select Jacksons as being made in the USA because the Floyd is made by Schaller in Germany then exact same thing can be said about any US-made guitar produced in significant numbers ever. Why you are singling out FMIC over every other corporation that builds guitars in the USA is beyond me.

If you take that logic a step further, such a definition would end up excluding so many guitars that the dichotomy you're making between 'truly' US-made guitars and non-US made guitars would become a false dichotomy. Because what guitar can you 100% prove that the materials made to build it are produced in the USA from start to finish? Right down to the location of the copper that was mined from the earth to make the pickup coil windings, the location of the specific pieces of bauxite awe that was mined and electrolyzed to produce the metal that the tailpiece was cast from etc. etc.? What guitar builder is going to know that? No one. And chances are by that definition, no such guitar even exists anyway.
Quote by Axelfox
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

And if you don't even define the USA Select Jacksons as being made in the USA because the Floyd is made by Schaller in Germany then exact same thing can be said about any US-made guitar produced in significant numbers ever.

We shook out my Gibson Axcess Custom a few years ago because we were swapping out virtually everything metal on it. The OFR Floyd was made in Korea, the pickups were wound with chinese pickup wire (but the actual winding was done in the US), the screws were sourced in Asia. I don't think we found a USA sourced piece on the guitar. The mahogany came from Fiji, the ebony fretboard and MOP inlays from offshore*. I don't think the binding is US-made, either.

The bodies and necks are cut on CNC machines (wonder how much of that CNC machine is asian sourced) and assembled/finished here in the US.

*I don't know where they source their ebony, but they probably get the maple from here in the US. Wouldn't matter, of course; some of the best figured maple in the world comes from China!
Really... A conversation to state who is right...

Geez, I was just looking for options.

God bless the forums.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Really... A conversation to state who is right...

Geez, I was just looking for options.

God bless the forums.

I know! Sorry dude but it seems I hit a nerve with TOODEEPBLUE and started a shitstorm that veered off subject , Its a blood in the water thing, I cant control myself, And as you can tell not a fan of FMIC and the way they do business, But that's besides the point, Where its made is a non issue these days, What you want is an issue, Hell I have a couple of Korean Cuties that run with the best of them, So its about what I like not what someone else likes, I also have a few First Acts I like, Not the Asian made variety but First Acts all the same, And yes there's some logo snobs that will judge a guitar by the logo, So you can only imagine some of the crap I've heard , Basically you go out and play a bunch of guitars and develop your preference off that, Brand, Model and where its made means nothing to anyone but you, Is that $2500 dollar US made Jackson better than the $2500 dollar US made First Act? Depends on whos playing it doesn't it,
No worries. I know what Fender does... Still, some of their instruments are good.

I do need a GREAT super strat that doesn't cost a fortune. I mean, I paid $1800 for my PRS, mint. I'm pretty sure I can get something within my tastes and needs under the $2k with tons of quality!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich