I have an Ibanez Rg370dxz with a floating bridge(ibanez edge or a floyd rose) and my action is too high from fret 12 to 24 i mean, the strings are rising with the frets, the higher the frets the high the action, i adjusted the action from the bridge to maximum but its still to high, on one of my friends jackson the string height is almost the same on every fret and its more comfortable to play(his guitar has a floating bridge but without floyd rose), i use .10 strings in E standard tuning, the spring tension is set correctly and the bridge angle too, i think its the truss rod but i dont really know how to adjust it or if it will work is i adjust it and i cant tell if i have a little relief on my guitar neck it seems kinda straight idk i wanted to put some photos but i cant cause of the files extentions, and its very uncomfortable and hard to play fast solos on my guitar with that action, so i think the final solution its the truss rod but im afraid to adjust it and im not an expert in truss rods(btw i dont have fretbuzz so it could be an up bow) so can someone help me please?
Upload your photos to a hosting site like imgur or tinypic, and post links to them here.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by adrianburaciuc
I have an Ibanez Rg370dxz with a floating bridge(ibanez edge or a floyd rose) and my action is too high from fret 12 to 24 i mean, the strings are rising with the frets, the higher the frets the high the action,

You may need a shim under the nut. If your frets are level and you start out with a flat fretboard, you want to think of your strings' action in terms of a see-saw. If you're too high at one end, you're likely too low on the other. Generally, the action should rise *slightly* as you move toward the bridge. But a really well set-up guitar can achieve action as low as 4/64ths" at the 24th fret with no buzzing frets. The reason a truss rod exists (beyond tweaking for wood bending movement during climate changes) is to give your strings' "middle" section room to vibrate if you're really digging in. Generally speaking, if you're allowing much more than .010" of relief (*measured*), you probably don't have a well set up guitar and you're compensating for some other fault.
Here are some photos, so can it be the bridge because it kinda looks like its rising the strings up, but the bridge angle is set correctly and the guitar stays in tune and the action from the bridge is set to low

Have you tried lowering the bridge (the two screws on either side of the bridge)?

The angle of the bridge should remain the same when you do this.
When you say the 'action is set to low' what, exactly do you mean?

And yes, that action is very high.
Looks to me like your neck needs a shim, easy to do. Try a truss rod adj to straighten it a bit first maybe, andlower the action, simply make it even however it need it
Last edited by Tempoe at Oct 29, 2016,