What pieces of gear increase your sound the most, in other words what piece of gear should someone invest in upgrading first, then second.

Guitar, amp, or pedals?
Depends entirely on what you already have, and what you have to spend.
Like Roc says, where you go depends on where you are starting from. I have two good amps, one recently modded yet again, and the past few years I've spent a lot of time looking at pickups, I'm happy with them now, so I would likely be revisiting amps if I was in the market. Or reverb. The whole thing is a stepwise interactive process.

The lump of wood signifies very little to me, as long as it looks conservative and works.
Quote by Dreadnought
With no further information, I would say amp.

have you bought a new amp yet?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you bought a new amp yet?

Orange Micro Dark last year
My God, it's full of stars!
crap i saw the green username and the D at the start and thought you were danny Sorry about that, we're always giving him grief about not getting round to buying a new amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah

Well I would love to buy a new one, but having just spent $1700, I don't think the wife would approve
My God, it's full of stars!
haha now i think of it he might even have a lower case "d" at the start of his name, too. Not sure what I was thinking there, sorry

and yeah lol
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for the record i thought it was danny too. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ hahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Without knowing what you consider an upgrade? If playing a cheap Squier Bullet and the crappy amp it came with? Yea Ok throw it all in a dumpster and try again. at this point anything is an upgrade, But in the end there is no substitute for the amp and the speakers its pushing, all the guitar money can buy wont make a crappy amp and speakers sound worth a flying rattsass, In which case you can plug in all the peddles you want and it still sounds like crap,
That's my final answer
Nyah-nyah!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!