What pieces of gear increase your sound the most, in other words what piece of gear should someone invest in upgrading first, then second.

Guitar, amp, or pedals?
With no further information, I would say amp.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Like Roc says, where you go depends on where you are starting from. I have two good amps, one recently modded yet again, and the past few years I've spent a lot of time looking at pickups, I'm happy with them now, so I would likely be revisiting amps if I was in the market. Or reverb. The whole thing is a stepwise interactive process.

The lump of wood signifies very little to me, as long as it looks conservative and works.
Quote by Dreadnought
With no further information, I would say amp.

have you bought a new amp yet?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
have you bought a new amp yet?

Orange Micro Dark last year
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
crap i saw the green username and the D at the start and thought you were danny Sorry about that, we're always giving him grief about not getting round to buying a new amp
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Ah

Well I would love to buy a new one, but having just spent $1700, I don't think the wife would approve
haha now i think of it he might even have a lower case "d" at the start of his name, too. Not sure what I was thinking there, sorry

and yeah lol
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

for the record i thought it was danny too. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ hahahaha
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

C'mon, I'm unique
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Without knowing what you consider an upgrade? If playing a cheap Squier Bullet and the crappy amp it came with? Yea Ok throw it all in a dumpster and try again. at this point anything is an upgrade, But in the end there is no substitute for the amp and the speakers its pushing, all the guitar money can buy wont make a crappy amp and speakers sound worth a flying rattsass, In which case you can plug in all the peddles you want and it still sounds like crap,
That's my final answer
Nyah-nyah!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.