Hi guys. I'm new to posting here on UG. I run a teaching studio teaching guitar lessons and voice lessons in Kenora, Ontario, Canada. I've been teaching for 15 years now and I've decided to start making the odd free video lesson here and there on some of the most routine questions and song requests that I get.

This is a very detailed lesson on how to master the notes and rhythms in this grunge-era anthem. You can follow along with the sheet music that I've created. I use some funny words to describe the rhythms. I find it helps with students of all ages.

DISCLAIMER: The intent of this lesson is not to emulate the exact gear, instruments, pick, pick-up selection, tuning etc. of Cobain but rather to get the notes under your fingers so you can jam along with rhythmic and melodic accuracy. In other words, this is Mitch Plamondon playing in the "spirit" of Curt Cobain.

Without further adieu....

FREE GUITAR LESSON

-Mitch
Damn does he really play a Fsus4 at the beginning? I can't hear it. Also I think a 1 hour lesson on such a simple song is a bit overkill
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Oct 29, 2016,
Uhm...not to knock you but its Nirvana, how detailed does it really need to be?
And an hour long video on how to play Smells Like Teen Spirit?
Its not exactly Beethoven.

And this would be considered advertising, which is not allowed here.
If you could do as detailed a lesson on how to play Extension to One by the Haarp Machine, I'd sign up right away. ( ͡⎚ ͜ʖ ͡⎚)

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
CodeMonkMost beginner students aren't able to easily run through a song like this. The idea here isn't to advertise. The idea is to share some of the most commonly asked questions. Considering I operate a teaching studio in a small remote northern town in Ontario, Canada, I don't think this is an example of advertising. I have no video lessons for sale.

The video includes breakdowns of each section and slower tempos for students to play along.
Quote by mplamondon
Considering I operate a teaching studio in a small remote northern town in Ontario, Canada, I don't think this is an example of advertising. I have no video lessons for sale.
I'm afraid it doesn't quite work like that
You can always submit lessons and videos as UG contributions though
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do