View poll results: Favorite guitar pick
Dunlop Tortex picks
10 59%
Dunlop Gator Grips
0 0%
Dunlop Jazz 3s
7 41%
Voters: 17.
For me it's got to be the 1.14mm Tortex picks. I love the texture of Gator Grips but I feel like there's a little bit more friction against the strings thus making picking feel harder. I'm not too big a fan of Jazz 3s.

Tell me your choice and why you chose it.

preferences are preferences. use what you like.

I use carbon fiber jazz iii's exclusively.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

2017-03-18 - 2017-03-18 Time to Get De-laid... (**NEW** Saturday 2017-03-18)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-27 How Much Do You Actually Need? RANT GET IN ON IT! (Monday 2017-02-27)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Jazz 3 by a country mile. I use the ultex 2mm. Though I do give an an edge to my gravity pick
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
I have a little red Jazz 3, in my opinion, I like it because it makes fast picking easier. The other picks feel kind of too large for me to pick with, and not too comfortable when strumming.
Use whatever you want. Picks are cheap, buy all 3 kinds and see what you like the most.

Personally I like Jazz III carbon fiber max grip.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
I use 2mm Gator Grips, I actually think they slide across the strings very easily. They're not very articulate picks though, they have a dark sort of tone to them. You don't get piercing clarity like you would say a Dragon's Heart guitar pick or something else like that. I only use thick picks, but as far as I can tell they work well for lead playing, a little difficult to get galloping rhythms going on the low E string though. I also wish the point was a little more defined. I gotta get around to trying Jazz III's that everyone seems to use.
anthonymarisc I hated the idea of them at first, because they're so small. But after getting used to them I use them for most of my metal needs.
JP Jazz IIIs and Tortex .88s are my mains. Ultex 1.0 is growing on me, try them if you want to accentuate your playing, very crisp and clean.
Quote by 21GunSalute
Jazz 3 by a country mile. I use the ultex 2mm. Though I do give an an edge to my gravity pick

I'm using Gravity picks these days -- the 2mm Razer Standard (though the most recent buy was of a dozen of Rob Chapman's signature picks, which just happen to be 2mm Razer Standards in another color). I haven't tried Gravity's "gold" picks yet; I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for a steenkeeng pick, especially just to try out.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Use whatever you want. Picks are cheap, buy all 3 kinds and see what you like the most.

Personally I like Jazz III carbon fiber max grip.

I buy a LOT it's just seeing what other people like and why
Quote by dspellman
I'm using Gravity picks these days -- the 2mm Razer Standard (though the most recent buy was of a dozen of Rob Chapman's signature picks, which just happen to be 2mm Razer Standards in another color). I haven't tried Gravity's "gold" picks yet; I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for a steenkeeng pick, especially just to try out.

The Gravity Golds look SICK I really want to try one, but yeah they are REALLY expensive and if I didn't use it it would be such a waste.
Quote by Liaztraht
anthonymarisc I hated the idea of them at first, because they're so small. But after getting used to them I use them for most of my metal needs.

I agree I use the JPs a lot and they are a bit bigger which seems to be a sweet spot for me
Quote by anthonymarisc
I use 2mm Gator Grips, I actually think they slide across the strings very easily. They're not very articulate picks though, they have a dark sort of tone to them. You don't get piercing clarity like you would say a Dragon's Heart guitar pick or something else like that. I only use thick picks, but as far as I can tell they work well for lead playing, a little difficult to get galloping rhythms going on the low E string though. I also wish the point was a little more defined. I gotta get around to trying Jazz III's that everyone seems to use.

The Gator 1.5 works way better for that stuff honestly, you may want to try out some