Hi every one! I am trying to find more christian music to listen to, growing up I liked classic rock and more stuff from the 80's like Judas Priest, Megadeth, Black sabbath, Ozzy, ect.. but I am trying to find Christian metal now.. I like bands like Whitecross and Stryper I love that 80's sound with the killer guitar solos and shredding, I just found out about whitecross but I cant find any guitar tabs for there songs so I cant learn them, so I would like to find some christian metal bands where I can actually find tabs to and are similar sounding to the bands I listed or just anything really.. I am really wanting to start learning some Christian metal but I cant even find any tabs, any suggestions of older bands or new bands would be tremendously appreciated, thanks!!
If you mean bands that are dedicated to singing only about Christian themes, you will not have a very large or quality stable. If you are looking for bands which do some Christian themed songs, then you'll have a much better time. Though many of these bands also do songs about Satan etc, even the Satan songs have more value to a Christian than many non-denominational sermons imo.

EDIT:
I just realized that Tyrant are actually a perfect example with 'Too Late to Pray' being the Satan song, filling the traditional "fear the devil" kind of story similar to Black Sabbath
Last edited by Metal_Head1 at Oct 29, 2016,
You might like Theocracy

Also Narnia's first album.

There won't be tabs for it but what the hell,

Warlord - The Holy Empire
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Tyrant are legendary

Also check out Apostle, an American power metal band
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
You know, Hank Hill once said that Christian rock isn't making Christianity any better; it's just making rock worse.
*your ad here*
Living Sacrifice. They went through several stylistic changes throughout their career, mostly due to lineup changes. Their s/t debut was thrash a la Slayer, their third album Inhabit was Florida death metal, the late 90s-early 00s was like a much less-technical Meshuggah or Gojira, and the last couple albums, Infinite Order and Ghost Thief have been kinda thrash-groove, I guess.

+1 to Extol. Burial and Undeceived were their best albums.

Immortal Souls as well. I'd say they are melodic death metal.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Last edited by BCKRedBaron at Oct 30, 2016,
No mention of Psalm 9 by Trouble. What a bunch of falses
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Black Sabbath is the only good one (Trouble is good too)
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Oct 31, 2016,
Gunna rephrase this for discussion value.

What am I missing with Tyrant? The riffs are cool, but it feels like a collection of songs that don't really take you anywhere except for a decent guitar solo.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Oct 31, 2016,
Look into "unblack metal," it's black metal with Christian themes.
Antestor are arguably best band in the movement.

Horde were the originators.

Blood Covanent is a newer band and they combine symphonic elements with the black metal formula.
Quote by Charles Ives
Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. I don't write music for sissy ears.

Quote by Béla Bartók
Competitions are for horses, not artists.

Ambient Symphonic Depressive Southern Melodic Blackened Death/Doom Metal
Quote by progbass
No mention of Psalm 9 by Trouble. What a bunch of falses

At the risk of starting a debate I have no intention of starting, I'm not sure Trouble is "Christian" in the same way as Extol or Living Sacrifice. Great band though.

Slechtvalk is another really good one.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Last edited by BCKRedBaron at Oct 31, 2016,