My emu 0404 just kicked the bucket, and I'm in the market for a new usb interface/external sound card. I would like to keep it under $100, but that seems to be a tall order these days.

Any suggestions? I only need minimal inputs, don't really even need phantom power, although I see they all come with that now.
Im probably going to pull the trigger on one of these as they are all available from the local shop, but Im not sure which one is best. Anyone use any of these? I use it primarily for Sonar Producer and Guitar Rig 5, either stand alone or vst inside Sonar
Quote by Marko5150
Im probably going to pull the trigger on one of these as they are all available from the local shop, but Im not sure which one is best. Anyone use any of these? I use it primarily for Sonar Producer and Guitar Rig 5, either stand alone or vst inside Sonar
I use the MOB. Solid unit, no real issues with it. Have to make sure my CP is on high power or it will not send enough juice to the USB port, which is not a big deal. The PreSonus AudioBox USB is the only other proper contender IMO as the other two units do not have but 1 input/no hybrid (XLR and 1/4) inputs. I do not have any clipping issues with the MOB so I am not sure how the Presonus unit would fare against it. The Presonus unit does have MIDI ports, the MOB doesn't, so if you see MIDI use in your future then go with that. If not, the MOB is a safe bet.
I know PreSonus products that I've used so far have worked OK with Sonar but it would be a good idea to check with their forum at least and see what people use for Sonar as it is one of the touchier workstation...I've had a lot of problems with M-Audio and Edirol drivers on Sonar. Interesting enough, Sonar now is owned by Boss who made Edirol interfaces (now rebranded as Cakewalk interfaces) so things have probably changed.

Maybe look at the Cakewalk roster.

I have had no issue with PreSonus drivers and Sonar but again I stopped using Sonar at version 8.