Hi, I am going to buy new multy effect processor. Which one would be better ? Both one is almost similar in price in my country. Another question ... I previously used Line 6 HD 300 which can be used as sound card .... Can I use this zoom or boss same way???

Thanks in advance.
I currently own a zoom g1on and I think its close to the g5.....not sure. I use it for playing around at home. Sounds pretty decent but it's plastic. I just sold a boss me 25. I loved it! The sound was awesome imo. Don't know if this helps or not but if it we're me I'd go for boss. I got pretty good tone from it.
I'm not trying to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to keep my nuts warm.
I used to own the Boss ME50 and while I thought it was good, I was never a fan of it's drives. It also had the issue of being unable to switch between different drives, different modulations & different delays easily in stompbox mode. Patch mode had the issue of a seriously noticeable gap when switching patches which may or may not have been fixed in the more recent models?

On the other hand, I currently own the G1on and the G3. Both use the same basic effects & amp sims as the G5 and are excellent pedals (as noted above, the G1on is cheaper & built to a budget, the G3 & G5 are significantly better built). The G3 (which is closer to the G5 in the way it works) is completely flexible and has some excellent tones and couldn't be easier to use.

That said, neither may be the answer. What other equipment do you have and what are you trying to achieve? For example, if you're trying to add effects to a modelling amp, you'll be far better off using the amp's in-built effects than trying to plug more into it. On the other hand, if you have a cheap practice amp that you're trying to improve the tone of, you're possibly going to be better off buying a new amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
GaryBillington I dont know anything about sounding ... For my band practice i need either stomp or mfx .. thats why need to buy something ..

In home i use Marshall mg 15fx and my guitar is Carvin JB200C .. Thats all i have...
I think the G5n (the n is important, there are two G5 models) is newer technology compared to the ME-80. I use a G3 and the amp sims are reasonable, although I do not use them live as I have a good amp. Out of the two, I would suggest that the G5n would be a safer buy. The G5n can record directly to the computer through USB.

However, at the price of the G5n new, you might could find a used POD HD500, depending upon the used market where you live.
Quote by cowboy14.
GaryBillington I dont know anything about sounding ... For my band practice i need either stomp or mfx .. thats why need to buy something ..

In home i use Marshall mg 15fx and my guitar is Carvin JB200C .. Thats all i have...
To be honest, I would get a better amp first before looking into effects. I consider amps to be the foundation of the tone, as a lot of us here do, and the Marshall MG series is not a good foundation. As well as I doubt a cheap SS 15w amp is going to hold up during a full band practice, sorry friend. If you can run the G5n direct to a PA system, I would ditch the MG amp and just use the G5n with its amp modeling.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 31, 2016,
I've owned both the Zoom G3 and Boss ME50, I think they're both cool, you can't go wrong with either. Imo the Boss sounds a bit better through a live amp but the Zoom is better at everything else, at least on my older models. I've never tried the ME80 but I know the Zoom has a very good looper and a very intuitive user interface, no mojo killing menus to fight with that I suspect the Boss may have.

I'd go with the Zoom G5, but I'm sure the ME80 is fun.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Will Lane Brother thanks for your great suggestion ... But i dont bring amp to my practice / live .. i will use that just in home .. and in live / practice i use processor only ...
Quote by Will Lane
However, at the price of the G5n new, you might could find a used POD HD500, depending upon the used market where you live.To be honest, I would get a better amp first before looking into effects. I consider amps to be the foundation of the tone, as a lot of us here do, and the Marshall MG series is not a good foundation. As well as I doubt a cheap SS 15w amp is going to hold up during a full band practice, sorry friend. If you can run the G5n direct to a PA system, I would ditch the MG amp and just use the G5n with its amp modeling.

This, definitely this.

That amp is completely useless outside the bedroom. If you're playing with a band you NEED a new amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud