Ive been searching for a decent used 2x12 and a bunch of the descriptions say celestion speakers
1) is that good or bad?
2) is there more than one type of celestion speaker?
It is a brand of speakers and like any brand there are good and not so good speakers. You should find out what kind of Celestian speaker. Often, if they don't list what kind, they tend to be the cheaper variety.
This thread is loaded with great information! - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823671

As you'll learn in that link, there are many models of Celestion speakers - not all of them are listed there, but some of the most popular models are.

In general, they're high quality speakers that are very widely used/popular, but they have a few economy models that aren't as good which are installed in some cheaper speaker cabinets.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Well; Celestion is a brand that has been around nearly forever and has a few models that are considered classics for guitar:

http://celestion.com/
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
good celestions are good, bad celestions aren't. a lot of people will market a cabinet with crap celestions as "comes with celestion speakers" to try to con you into thinking it's good

you really need to know exactly which model of speakers the cab contains. if you find that out and get back to us we can tell you if they're any good or not, and what type of tones they're aimed at.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?