I'm currently using Dunlop Heavy Core strings (.11-.50) on a guitar with a 25.5" neck and they work well. What're your favorite Drop B strings?
What are the intervals? The reason I ask is because someone was asking about strings for drop C a few days ago, and when I looked it up, there were several wildly different versions that would have benefited from different string gauges. It makes me think that your version of drop B might not be the same as the next persons.
I like daddario baritone lights on that scale length. On a gibson scale they work great for drop c and ok in b.

They are .13 - .62.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Nov 1, 2016,
I use Ernie Ball "Not Even Slinkys" (.12-.56) on my 25.5" scale guitar, and the low B string is BARELY tight enough for me. In fact, I don't tune to drop B that often; I leave the guitar in C# Standard for the most part. If I was going to play in drop B all the time I'd probably go with a .13-.60 set and call it a day. It's totally preference, really. And I think it depends on the style of music you're playing. When I play drop B, it's mostly older Swedish death metal style riffs and a lot of tremelo picking. I can't trem pick if the strings are too light...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
KailM I'm with you.... not even slinky are brutal.... just be prepared to not be able to tune above a standard d.....i had a set and even down tuned to d standard, it threw my neck off, so I'd suggest c
Last edited by kramer242 at Nov 1, 2016,
I'm still figuring it out. That said, 56-58 for the low B works pretty good. I got the EB not even slinky 12-56 after some DR 11-50 had 2 string break during installation. I do run the EB Cobalt 11-58 on my 7-string in standard tuning. It might be in my head, but the coated strings do seem to help a tad. I might try the D'Addario NYXL for comparison.

If it's not at least 50-something on the lowest string, I won't bother running it past Drop C.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I wouldn't recommend Dunlop for strings. They sound a bit tingy (you know what I mean?) Plus I think they de-tune easily when you do divebombs
I use .011, .015, .018, .028, .038, .058 Ernie Ball custom gauges. I'm a huge fan of Slipknot and they're what one of the lead guitarists use. I just had to
walk up to the counter and ask for the gauges. Though if you pick aggressively with your knuckles scraping against your other strings I wouldn't recommend it.
For drop a I use there Ernie Ball 6-string Baritone.
Last edited by blackveilsirens413 at Nov 2, 2016,
blackveilsirens413 I like the dunlop heavy cores, they just have quite a bit finger noise. Not my choice for b though. For a while I used the 12s in standard on a les paul. Wernt bad, just noisy.