Been looking at both. Never played any Crates before. Anyone know if theyre any good. Theres combo versions of both for $300 usd. I mainly play thrash metal. Not too worried about cleans. Would either one of these be a good choice?
The blue voodoo is stock as far as i know. Just a stock 212 combo. The Stealth had a Eminence Texas Heat speaker put in it and had EH 12AX7's ( x 3 ), and JJ 6V6 ( x 4 ) tubes put in.
Id mainly just be playing in my house. No gigs or anything (yet)
The Stealth is more of a hot-rodded Marshall kind of tone. IIRC the BV series was designed with metal in mind so it might be able to handle it a bit better. Are you able to try them out first? If you can, I suggest that route so you can see what they are like and decide what you prefer. That being said, I recall the BV and Stealth possibly having some quality issues so that might be something to keep in mind.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R Nah im not able to try either of them. Im just going off of what i can read and old videos with bad audio.
either will work with an overdrive in front however I'd go with the Blue Voodoo myself. the speaker in the Slealth isn't really meant for metal although it's a good speaker
The Blue Voodoo would probably be more suitable for metal. I didn't like them much, last memory I have of them was a guy that was selling one came to our studio to show it to the other guitarist and it was just too bright and overcooked, buzzy sounding, so he ended passing on it.
Of the two... I'd go for the Blue Voodoo. Overdrive up front, toss an EQ pedal in the loop to dial in the best possible tone. JJ tubes work wonders in them. If the BV isn't loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers... WGS Veteran 30 speakers are a nice match to the BV on a budget.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Power tubes: JJ/Tesla 6L6GC. Preamp tubes: JJ/Tesla ECC83s. JJ tubes seem to tame the brightness of the BV amps. Don't bother with the 'gold pin' options that you might find out there, not really necessary.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.