Hi everyone.

I bought a Maverick guitar a few months ago from my local independent guitar shop. Unfortunately the shop has now shut down as they weren't making enough money. I bought some new strings for it but I realised that the tuning pegs have 2 holes on each peg. Does anyone know what these are for and how to restring the guitar properly? I've googled it and looked on YouTube but only found one video of a similar type of guitar peg and they guy in the video doesn't seem to know what he is doing aso he doesn't leave any slack on the string before tightening it.

Thanks!
use either hole, main thing is no overlaps 4-5 wraps is ideal, wind downward to the base of the peg (top hole may be better for space)
Last edited by Tempoe at Oct 31, 2016,
Use the hole closest to the peghead as long as it allows room to wind on some string under the hole.

IMO, 2 1/2 wraps is ample, any less and the string might slip, and more and tuning may be unstable. I cut the string about 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" longer than the post, and put a crimp in the end so that it fits snugle in the post hole. In the bad old days you would put the crimp in before cutting to stop the windings unravelling, but that isn't so much of a problem now.
If it Looks like this, then they are a type of locking tuner.

^ Yeah that's what I'd have thought.

(Handy pic, I think i'll nab that, thanks . I tried to do mine with youtube vids and I failed and just ended up stringing normally (guitar had a floyd so it didn't really matter). From the looks of that pic it looks like i was alright, i just thought i didn't have the thing tightly enough wrapped )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Liaztraht
Dave_Mc Nifty looking concept.

well it probably is if you're not incompetent like me
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?