Basically, I bought an RG8. I have to admit, since I bought it I am not happy with the low F#. I know the scale length is questionableto some, but I've seen several people online that seem to have it dialed in. Right from the start the strings it came with (light gauge) felt like spaghetti to me. I went up a gauge, even bought some real outrageous gauge custom strings to try and offset this.

I do all the setups on my guitars, I have a baritone, a guitar in drop C, a guitar in standard, but no matter what I tried I was not happy with it, I even took it ti a somewhat reputable guitar tech for a setup. In the end the low F#, droppping to E is even worse, still sounds slightly deadened.

The bridge is as basic as it can get stock so there is little neck radius adjustment at the bridge. Thought something like that might be helpful. Has anyone had the same experience? And, if so what did you do to remedy this. I realize the guitar was not expensive and I'm not expecting a signature Meshuggah guitar outta the deal, but damn, been disappointed in my purchase for awhile now and want to get it right, or sell it. BTW, I even threw an EMG 808 in the bitch wondering if that could help. Still not happy. Maybe the guitar tech is not good with 8 string guitar? I dont know except the rest of the strings sound spot on.

Thanks in advance for any help. Currently sizing up an extended range 7 string. What to do, what to do.....
Thicker gauge maybe? The F# is hella floppy at the stock one.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
It looks like stock runs .64 gauge, and owners tend to restring to at least .70 gauge.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Thanks for the thoughts. actually bought some custom heavy gauge strings even but still wasnt happy. E sounded like total garbage. Took it to a tech who made a joke about my first problem was too many strings. I had cut the nut myself and reamed the body and ferrule to accomodate the larger strings. Had him fix the nut, in case that was the problem. Told him how I wanted it tuned and the action I was looking for and ended up using standard ernie ball 8 string set. sounded ok in F# but, again, droppping to E sounded like shit. Maybe hes not good at setting up those kinds of guitars given his comment.
Amyway, got am Agile intereceptor 728 coming for christmas. Gonna drop that things tuning to the basement and and sell my RG8. Im done with it. Had high hopes , what a shame.