Hi everyone,
I'm new to the guitar world. I am looking to purchase my first guitar. I am writing to inquire if anyone can recommend some good beginner guitars for under $350. I'm a ukulele player and I'm wanting to learn another instrument.

So far one member from another thread recommended the Epiphone PR-100 & PR-150 which looks promising.

Please send your recommendations. I'm going to be checking out the guitar stores this weekend.

Thank you all in advance.
CG
Yamaha, Recording King. There's so much good stuff these days, it really comes down to something that appeals to you. Don't forget to budget for a set up, and be aware that if a guitar doesn't feel good, most of it could just be a question of setting it up properly.
@crazy

I've played the PR-150 and was very impressed. Nice slim neck, great action. Sounded decent to my ears, too. I figure it's probably all laminate at it's price point.

If you are in Southern New Mexico I'd happily sell you my Taylor BigBaby. It's a great little axe, but never gets played anymore since I bought a carbon fiber instrument.
Quote by Tony Done
Yamaha, Recording King. There's so much good stuff these days, it really comes down to something that appeals to you. Don't forget to budget for a set up . . . . . . .

Absolutely. The days when you had to spend mega$ to buy a good guitar are long gone. Your $350 budget is sufficient to get a very good quality guitar. To.ny has mentioned a couple of brands (and I own a model from each of them). To those two I would add: Crafter, Cort, LAG, Tanglewood, Vintage. I would also add Blueridge if you are in the US - they are not common in the UK but I played a couple last week and was impressed.