Okay I got a guitar with a Floyd Rose (gold color) with the gold locking nut and gold tuners. I need to clean these, because people played it at Guitar Center and it has spots on it. I have used a cloth and put elbow grease in it and it removed them some, but I wanted to know if there is an easier way to clean it? Any ideas that won't hurt the finish?
I could put something cliche here like "Music is Life", but I'd rather say.......Hello........Is it me you're looking for?!
Lighter fluid and a soft rag.

Though it does look like the onset of the finish already beginning to flake off from the metal under the plating corroding.

Putting a corrosion inhibitor in the guitar's case will help slow further corrosion down.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Putting a corrosion inhibitor in the guitar's case will help slow further corrosion down.

NOTHING WILL SLOW ME DOWN! MUAHAHA!

Seriously though, if there's sweat and dirt mushed into all the crevices, just strip it down and clean the parts individually with some lighter fluid (or IPA) and a soft cloth.

Just do that when you next change strings and burn through a few episodes of something on Netflix. That's what I do anyway
Okay, Dirty Little Secret time here...

If you can remove the hardware from the guitar (and a Floyd just pops right out), you can clean it in a Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner (I have a guy who does it in the back of his shop for me). Compressed air will blow the thing dry and you're good to go.
All of these are good ideas, but if the corrosion is actually pitting the metal plating, then your only option is to have it re-plated. If not, then any good metal polish (Flitz, Simichrome, etc.) will do a fine job of polishing it without wearing away the finish. Do NOT use an abrasive polish like Brasso. It will wear down the finish and possibly even the metal, too!
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
I know the picture looks like pitting and finish wear, but it actually isn't. I can rub it off and it is smooth and fine underneath. It's just a tough to clean film or something like that.
I could put something cliche here like "Music is Life", but I'd rather say.......Hello........Is it me you're looking for?!