Hello guys, i ll just get straight to the point, i live in a flat and it's like there are no damn walls at all so i can't really make that much noise while i play. Still i would like to get an amp to have an idea about the sound without the headphones sometimes. I have a Zoom g1on and i may say i like it but it's not really that great. i don't have a great budget ( about 300 euro) so i was looking for something to buy between an amp and a multieffect.
I mostly like playing metal especially children of bodom songs but seems like i really can't achieve that sound with the guitar i have and the zoom g1 so i am looking to change this last item for something better and look to buy a new guitar in few months.
Now, i have no idea of what to consider. I don't like peavey amps, i tried few of them and they really tell me nothing.
I have the opportunity to find a pod 500 but for what i know i should plug it into a pc. Since my pc is very very shitty...i mean the shittiest pc ever, i can't install any kind of software so that holds me from buying the pod 500.
That's it, i'm sure there are a lot of grammar mistakes and most of the sentences don't even make sense still i'd like you to move on and try to be sincere with your suggestions.
I really like the blackstar HT-1r combo but i don't really know how to make it sound that metal like i want, any suggestions to combine it with some pedals? and which pedals?

thx for the future answers!

(the amp i have to consider is of course a practice amp with not so much volume, or to play it with headphones)
You say you don't like Peavey, but have you tried the Vypyr? That would tick all the right boxes for you, a practice amp that you can use headphones with and when talking modelling amps that are good for metal, nothing else really comes into the conversation - the Vypyr is the best for it.

You could also consider things like the Vox VT, Fender Mustang etc, but metal isn't what they're best at.

Alternatively, you could upgrade your G1on to a G3 or G5 - they're excellent pedals with a lot more options that the G1on and one of the best headphone practice tools out there, as well as being plenty good enough for use with an amp when needed.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hey, Yes i tried peavey amps and i didn't really like the sound of them. Playing the g1 on headphones sounds pretty much the same. So I was wondering if I had to buy a more suited amp than peavey or a better multieffect to achieve this kind of sound
Which Peavey amp did you try?

To get the sound you want though, have you tried editing the pre-defined patches in your G1on? Just because the ones that are factory installed aren't quite what you're looking for, it doesn't mean you can't edit/create one that is perfect for you.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you're in a flat, either get the best small digital amp you can afford or get the best multi-fx from Line 6 or Boss you can afford. Stay away from tube amps - they need decent volume to sound great.
Have you looked at the Yamaha THR series of amps? They are a small compact modelling amp that will go clean or metal, built in effects, headphones, smaller size/speakers means that you won't have the in room volume issue the same as with a bigger unit.
Quote by thifereth1
Hello guys, i ll just get straight to the point, i live in a flat and it's like there are no damn walls at all so i can't really make that much noise while i play. Still i would like to get an amp to have an idea about the sound without the headphones sometimes.

You don't need to plug an HD500 into a PC. In addition to headphones, you can run virtually any set of powered speakers with it (they plug straight into the Pod). I'm using KRK Rokit 8's, but there are a TON of options out there. Some are pretty cheap on Craigslist and the like.
Quote by GaryBillington
Which Peavey amp did you try?

To get the sound you want though, have you tried editing the pre-defined patches in your G1on? Just because the ones that are factory installed aren't quite what you're looking for, it doesn't mean you can't edit/create one that is perfect for you.

Of course i tried many different settings but still something is missing. I'm sure it's just the audio quality i am not that happy with.

I tried the Vypyr vip 1, 2, 3 and another cheaper from a friend but i dont remeber the name..rage something..

Quote by dspellman
You don't need to plug an HD500 into a PC. In addition to headphones, you can run virtually any set of powered speakers with it (they plug straight into the Pod). I'm using KRK Rokit 8's, but there are a TON of options out there. Some are pretty cheap on Craigslist and the like.

this is nice to hear. i thought i have to use the software on pc. So basically it can work just like the zoom. I plug the headphones and change the settings on it manually?
Last edited by thifereth1 at Nov 4, 2016,