Poll: How do you feel about Obama's presidency?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about Obama's presidency?
American. Generally negative
12 12%
American. Generally neutral
13 13%
American. Generally positive
35 34%
Non-American. Generally negative
6 6%
Non-American. Generally neutral
13 13%
Non-American. Generally positive
25 24%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 7
It's pretty much over. It's been wild. It's been up. It's been down.

What are your general thoughts on the Obama presidency?

I feel generally positive. The country has moved forward in social issues for sure, and there's been some, albeit slow, economic growth. He's done some things I'm not fond of, but he's done many that I applaud. I'm proud that my first vote ever cast was for the first black president. That's a pretty cool thing to happen and its historical significance will live on for ages, regardless of your feelings on his governance.

Also, though not that he's responsible, but same-sex marriage become nationally legal during his term, so that's another plus.

8/10 president tbh
I think the positive changes he's introduced wont be felt for a while and most of it is infrastructural i.e. attempting to make the overall government work better as a body.
That said, he's given the US a better name from the eyes of most Europeans. He's tried his best with what he was given and did generally ok with it.

Granted, the last 3 didn't leave much of a yard stick.

6.9/10 cuz he is pretty sexy tbh.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
He changed foreign policy for the better, despite the obvious fallbacks of his approach. His 'change the system from the inside' mantra is genuinely inspiring. Liberal ideologues could learn a thing or two from his pragmatism.

EDIT: But also I feel like I don't know enough about him to comment on his historical significance.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 2, 2016,
Advanced new ways to blow up kids with video games 10/10 would recreate in Spec Ops again
Quote by Panasonic3

I think God has at least 3.5 billion human penises, and many billions more penises that are out of this world.
He's been pretty horrible regarding issues surrounding privacy and stuff like encryption.

But I'm no American so idk
ggg1 ggg3

Exactly the same as every single president of my entire life.
Just some dude that gets up and smiles and waves while powerful people that we don't see are making decisions.
I've always loved Obama, and this election has put into prospective how great Obama is.

Positives:
- Affordable Care Act: it's not perfect, but it's a huge improvement and the intentions were perfect. It has set up a great opportunity to perfect the health care system, an opportunity that would be lost with a Trump presidency.
- Jobs: Unemployment rate was increasing rapidly when Obama took office. It was at 7.8% at the start of his first term and it's increase decelerated gradually until it peeked in October of 2009 at 10%. Since than it has decreased consistently, and is now at 5.0%
- Foreign Policy: Got us out of two wars, has pretty much smothered Al Qaeda, opened trade and improved relations drastically with Cuba, and is generally well respected around the world.
- Came in clutch for recovery after Hurricane Sandy, and is currently coming in clutch after Matthew

Negatives:
- Debt: although the debt increase has decelerated, it is still increasing consistently.

Likability:
-10/10 dude is fucking awesome.

Keep in mind that the majority in congress pledged to not let Obama do anything through both of his terms. I think he did a damn good job. Although I fucking hate Hillary, I understand that she is the only person that will continue the good work Obama is doing.

8/10 please come back for a 3rd term.

plus I think he was a genuinely bipartisan person. I think he truly put the good of the country before the good of his party. That's a very refreshing thing with the current election.
Last edited by ehbacon at Nov 2, 2016,
america just hasn't been the same ever since the implementation of sharia law
..::fat
lard::..
Quote by MinterMan22
america just hasn't been the same ever since the implementation of sharia law

You just wait until Hillary cures racism.
Malcolm X is going to seem like Hitler whenever she gets done with her great white liberation.
It's gonna b like Obama Schmobama.
Better than the last guy and surely better than the next
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
showed how bad our political system is these days. he tried to do some meaningful things only to have congress and others fight him every step of the way. seemed like the parties wee more concerned with pushing there views than actually doing the right thing for the people. that went both ways as at times the republicans had ideas that may well have worked. I expect things to get worse with this election as if Hilary wins the republicans will do all they can do to fight her and if trump wins then both sides will end up fighting with nothing getting done.
obama was good. more than anything his skin colour will have had a positive impact on america. a lot of rubbish he had to deal with was started by other people (aka bush lol). he did some goof ups though, with obamacare, which is a broken system that allows for easy exploitation.
on the other hand, rarely has america been so politically volatile. like maybe since the civil war. that's not entirely his fault, perhaps not at all his fault, but it's going to be the legacy of his terms.

man is incredibly charismatic and influential. he is very deliberate and that plays to his benefit

overall good
The only bad thing about him is the reactive rather than proactive foreign policy. But after Bush I can understand why he'd err on the side of playing safe. Oh and caving to the treehuggers on that oil pipeline. Overall still bae/10
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Meh. He's not the monster that the right wing and the far-left make him out to be, and he's not the hero Democrats make him out to be. An average president. His most respectable attribute, willingness to reach across the table and attempt to be bi-partisan, proved to be his greatest weakness. He folds too easily. He doesn't do anything bold until it's politically convenient (like most New Democrats). When he does stand his ground, it tends to be in defense of his worst decisions. His foreign policy decisions are often either bafflingly warmongering, or he possibly deferred too much control to his subordinates (not a bad idea in and of itself but it proves to be an issue when the outcomes are often negative). Even more baffling is his disregard for privacy and due process.

That being said, amidst the chaos and the odds, this country has gotten better under his guidance. The political and social unrest would probably be worse had their been a McCain or a Romney presidency. The racist reaction to a black presidency certainly sparked much needed discussion and she'd light on long-ignored racial attitudes in this country. In spite of some bad foreign policy decisions, he has strengthened some alliances and earned increased respect from world leaders, disregarding the US's adversarial figures. While his economic policies left much to be desired, they were a small step in the right direction, and much of the negative economic phenomena that has occurred these last few years (increasing wage gap, union busting), he at least tried to stand up against. Lastly, though it's not really a bearing on his presidency, he seems like a genuinely decent person.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I think he's more or less the right blend of a capable politician and a principled human being with genuine beliefs. And unlike the last couple presidents to fit that description, those genuine beliefs weren't shit. Obviously he made some mistakes, and more to the point he made some mistakes that can be traced back directly to decisions he made, but on the whole nothing disastrous and he's probably going to stand out as one of the better presidents of the early 21st century.

I do think, while he seems like a genuinely good person overall, the cool dad persona is laid on a bit thick, to the point of being more of a Taylor Swift-esque overdone quirkiness.

With a more impressive set of contemporaries he might have been one of these:
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Nov 2, 2016,
I take issue with a lot of his foreign policy but other than that he has been solid. Obamacare has been a bit of a disaster though.

At the very least, he is a guy who you can respect and who is a good role model for the US and the world. And he has good family values. Thumbs up.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Wouldn't say he was great but defiantly seemed like a decent president. Compared to Trump or Clinton though he looks like a saint.
Quote by JustRooster

It ended terrorism.
Wait no, it kinda stopped it.
Wait, no it.......................
Quote by EyeNon15
It ended terrorism.
Wait no, it kinda stopped it.
Wait, no it.......................

That's a diss against GW, duderino. He started that hunt, Obama finished it.
██████
██████
██████
Quote by JustRooster
That's a diss against GW, duderino. He started that hunt, Obama finished it.

What did it accomplish again?
Quote by EyeNon15
What did it accomplish again?

One serious asshole down.

Hilarious how a dude like you would take finally getting Osama Bin Laden and turn it into a rub against 'liberals.' Killing Osama was fucking grand. That's bipartisan right there.
██████
██████
██████
Quote by Baby Joel
guys we shouldn't celebrate the death of any person no matter their character

Why not
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Baby Joel

Fuck that.
██████
██████
██████
There's no such thing as an EyeNon post that isn't sarcastically bitching about something.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by JustRooster

Hilarious how a dude like you would take finally getting Osama Bin Laden and turn it into a rub against 'liberals.' Killing Osama was fucking grand. That's bipartisan right there.

I didn't say anything about "liberals" I don't care about your stupid political gang other than to mock it or laugh at anyone that thinks their political gang gives them a choice.
Quote by Baby Joel

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Honestly felt like nothing he did in the last 8 years affected my life whatsoever.

So I guess that's a positive.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by EyeNon15
I didn't say anything about "liberals" I don't care about your stupid political gang other than to mock it or laugh at anyone that thinks their political gang gives them a choice.

Whatever you say, kiddo.
██████
██████
██████
close to neutral but on the positive side

easily among best presidents

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
i would say i feel generally positive about the obama presidency.
probably more positive about obama than the obama presidency.
10/10 would read gilead so i could discuss it over a beer with him.
Worst president since Wilson. Maybe worse than Wilson.
I wrote a song for Barry Obama.. here are a few versus

You know you smile when you lie
You know you smile when you talk for a while
You ridicule like they are fools
But maybe it's you that is the tool
I hear you smiling all the time

I am not talking about religion or race
gender or the colour of a face
just the truth you try to replace
You should admit your agenda
and wipe that smile from your face
Last edited by wiggedy at Nov 2, 2016,