I was wondering if the Bugera 6262 combo is any good for Metallica and Megadeth type of metal. I know that no single amp with sound just like them but id like to be in that ballpark. Im not looking for a really middy sound or fuzzy sound.
Anyone have any experiences with this amp? Im just looking for a good, cheap amp for metal.
And please dont go own about how the Head and Cab would sound better. I only have a budget of about $350 usd so combos are the best for me.
Or if anyone knows of any other amps in this price range that would suit my needs.
Thanks
Its a chinese clone of Peavey 6505+ so the answer would be yes. Not exactly Metallica/Megadeth tones exactly but excellent metal tones for sure with the Lead channel. The crunch channel is great too with an overdrive pedal boost.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Bugeras generally sound very good, being cheap clones of other more expensive amps.. But you may need to replace the tubes right out of the gate as the stock Bugera branded ones are trash and the speakers could seriously do with upgrading to Vintage 30's. But there's no reason these amps cannot be made to sound great.

Reliability is the main concern with Bugeras.. Some people have had good luck with them in this regard, but others report lots of crippling issues. I owned a 6262 head years ago brand new (pre-infineum, but after the molex connector problem had been resolved), and right out of the box the tubes failed and the amp developed a problem with its output transformer. I sold it to someone who was buying blind for nearly what I paid for it and ran.

Suffice to say that for $350, you get what you pay for.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
^ This.

They're an attempt at a 6505+ clone. Even after a tube and speaker change, they're still just close.

That being said, I regularly play METALLICA and MEGADETH with my 6505+ head. Like you said, it's very difficult, if not impossible to sound exactly like a band does on their album, and even more difficult to find an amp that's can do it all.

But after playing through enough amps, you'll find one that can do most if not all of what you want. And then you can just set your eq for different styles.

I would highly recommend getting something different in that price range. You can buy a Peavey XXX 112 or 212 combo for that price. You may even be able to find a 6505+ combo for that. I usually see them for around $450, but I have seen them for under $400. I find that if I check the Guitar Center used website everyday for like 2 weeks, ill find what I'm looking for at a price im willing to pay
Xander_X Yeah i was looking at a XXX. I look at guitar center everyday. Unfortunately they dont have any 6505s for my price.
T00DEEPBLUE Yeah ive read about all the problems people have had with Bugeras. Kinda worried about that considering most Bugera amps are used nowadays.
Last edited by discobiscuitttt at Nov 3, 2016,
Im able to get a used 6262 infinium combo for about 250 bucks which seems good to me since id have some money left over for new tubes.
Last edited by discobiscuitttt at Nov 3, 2016,
i haven't tried the bugera versions, but i wonder if the xxx clone might not be closer in tone to megadeth and metallica?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

There's a XXX clone? I'd be interested in trying that. Tried a 6262 with JJs in it, wasn't impressed.

You can get XXX's so cheap now though, I wonder what the clones are going for? GC's price can be all over at times, but I've been seeing thE XXX heads well under $300 quite a bit lately. One was $199 the other day. This doesn't count the XXX II which is a Relabled JSX.
The crunch channel with a clean boost is your friend for thrash on those amps.

The lead channel can be too much
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Quote by Xander_X
There's a XXX clone? I'd be interested in trying that. Tried a 6262 with JJs in it, wasn't impressed.

You can get XXX's so cheap now though, I wonder what the clones are going for? GC's price can be all over at times, but I've been seeing thE XXX heads well under $300 quite a bit lately. One was $199 the other day. This doesn't count the XXX II which is a Relabled JSX.

i think the 333 is the xxx clone. but yeah if you're in the USA the price difference might not be that big. in europe the price is quite a bit different.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
i think the 333 is the xxx clone. but yeah if you're in the USA the price difference might not be that big. in europe the price is quite a bit different.

Oooh, I know which one you're talking about. Close, it's actually a JSX clone.
i thought the xl version was the jsx clone
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by discobiscuitttt
Im able to get a used 6262 infinium combo for about 250 bucks which seems good to me since id have some money left over for new tubes.

Most likely that amp is being sold as it has something wrong with it, I am not sure I'd want to buy them new, and used - forget about it...
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought the xl version was the jsx clone

I'll have to check that out. When you said "333", I assumed you meant the XL, never saw just a plain 333. Then again, I don't follow a Bugera either. But I might be interested in picking up either one of these if I can find them for cheap. Would be fun to have something to play with that I'm not really worried about.
^ yeah when i looked yesterday on their site they only seemed to have the XL version, so maybe the regular version has been discontinued? I don't follow them either but I think they used to have a bog standard 333 (xxx clone) in addition to the xl version (jsx clone, as you said).
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I love my bugera 6262! Check the peavey 6505 comparison videos on YouTube and you'll get an idea of how accurate they made the tone. IMO the cleans are slightly better on the 6262 but the distortion on the peavey 6505 has slightly more punch. Nothing a good eq pedal can't fix though In terms of gain the 6262 has more gain than you'll ever need. Good luck!
Btw you can get a pretty good Metallica tone on the 6262 (especially with emgs or other high output pickups) Megadeth hasn't been much of a problem for me to dial in either.
Quote by MadaRuaDubh13
Btw you can get a pretty good Metallica tone on the 6262 (especially with emgs or other high output pickups) Megadeth hasn't been much of a problem for me to dial in either.

Right. Both Metallica and Megadeth have used everything from solid state amps and passive pickups to Marshalls, peaveys, and KH even used a strat for a while ... You can get either tone by dialing in your equipment correctly. Plus you always gotta remember just how processed the recorded versions of songs are.