Hi all,

I've had a Line 6 G55 for a year or so now and apart from it eating batteries, and having the odd trouble with interference in certain venues I have been really pleased with it.

However I'm playing a big outdoor show this weekend (to around 20k people) and was wondering if I'd get a shit tonne of interference (from phone signals, and planes, etc) that would make using my wireless a risk?

The stage is quite big, so would be nice not having to be tethered to my amp, but also don't want to take any unnecessary risks for anything to go wrong with my equipment/sound.

Any experienced giggers out there who have used a wireless for a similar type of gig got any thoughts/advice?

Cheers.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I have the G90, and no issues with it getting interference out of doors. I think the transmitters are the same, just the receivers are different?
The last outdoor gig I played, though, I used a Variax guitar. It uses a single VDI cable (like an ethernet cable) to carry both the magnetic pickup signal and the variax output from the piezo saddles to a Helix. Absolutely no noise whatsoever, but you're limited to about 25' (well, that's how long MY cable is).

One more thing -- your amp will be susceptible to interference too, so try to make sure that you have a really good electrical connection. I'm paranoid about this, so I carry a *heavy* APS Uninterruptible Power Supply originally designed for a big server. It's got a big old lead-acid battery inside and a whole lot of circuitry that tames even diesel generator noise (and power fluctuations).
Quote by dspellman
I have the G90, and no issues with it getting interference out of doors. I think the transmitters are the same, just the receivers are different?
The last outdoor gig I played, though, I used a Variax guitar. It uses a single VDI cable (like an ethernet cable) to carry both the magnetic pickup signal and the variax output from the piezo saddles to a Helix. Absolutely no noise whatsoever, but you're limited to about 25' (well, that's how long MY cable is).

One more thing -- your amp will be susceptible to interference too, so try to make sure that you have a really good electrical connection. I'm paranoid about this, so I carry a *heavy* APS Uninterruptible Power Supply originally designed for a big server. It's got a big old lead-acid battery inside and a whole lot of circuitry that tames even diesel generator noise (and power fluctuations).

Ok thanks for that, good to know. And good point about the power supply. Fingers crossed everything works on saturday!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Take a look at the G10 when you get a chance. It may not be a replacement for your G55 with it's added options, but it's rechargable and syncs in less than a second making switching guitars a breeze.
Quote by Xander_X
Take a look at the G10 when you get a chance. It may not be a replacement for your G55 with it's added options, but it's rechargable and syncs in less than a second making switching guitars a breeze.

Yeah a band mate has one, very neat and convenient!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special