Hey. I recently bought a Peavey Windsor head, and need a cabinet to go with it. I've narrowed it down to these two choices: Marshall C410B or Kustom HV412A. Why? Because they are affordable mostly, and seem to accommodate to the head's needs. Plus I'm from Chile, so there isn't that much good choices on a budget anyways, in my experience at least. I'm on the fence about it, so I come asking for opinions.

The Marshall cab has proven difficult to find info about, I know that it's a 4x10, 16 ohm and 120w cab, and has some sort of Celestion speakers, maybe Goldback. The material it's made of is unknown to me, I just hope it's plywood, at least to an extent. Something that's kind of a bummer, from what I've read anyways, it's that it has only an average wattage compared to that of the Windsor (only 20w more than the amp's 100w). It's not bad per se, but I've read that the ideal is to have a cabinet that at least doubles the wattage of the head, so there's that. In the end, it's a good looking affordable Marshall, and that kinda seduces me. Plus the guy that's selling it (used) makes a little bit of a big deal that it's an English cabinet. Not sure if that's wholly true, but I guess it's kind of sexy.

Then there's the Kustom. This one I have more info about: 4x12, 260w, four Celestion G12P80s, 8 ohms, plywood. With that, it seems kinda the superior choice...it is a little bit more expensive, but if people think it's the definitive winner, then I guess I would go out and get it. A downside it's that, being 4x12, it's bigger than the Marshall. That's also not inherently bad, It's just that I know it can become a hassle transporting this thing around, or just having it around really, since I will first and foremost play on it here in my home.

Thoughts?

If it's needed: I've got an Epiphone SG Special, play heavy music for the most part (Drop B tuning, most of the time, though soon it'll be Drop A#), in the line of Isis and Sumac, plus some other more experimental, extreme stuff, like say Sunn O))) and Khanate. However, I understand those are the kind of artists that throw thousands of dollars into better equipment I can even get a hold of, but I'll be happy to experiment with what I've got. Apart from the amp, I wanna get a Proco RAT pedal, reissue or clone. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it like this.
Last edited by Umbrylical at Nov 4, 2016,
Neither has very outstanding celestions, just average. And yeah, I'm leaning towards the Kustom. Though recently I found a Jet City cab, a JCA12S+. It's smaller (1x12) and only has one speaker. Does someone know if the speaker (a custom Eminence) is good enough to warrant buying it? Also a Bugera 412H-BK, I'm also considering that one.
Thanks for the comment!
assuming it's like the ones in the 2x12 they're decent for OEM speakers but name brand ones are better.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I couldn't help it and already ordered the Kustom HV 412B. I learnt it's a discontinued model, and the store had only one left in the showroom. A lil' bit scratched, so they sold it to me cheaper. All's well that ends well. I find it sexy that it's probably the only Kustom cab I'll see in my country.
Quote by Umbrylical
I couldn't help it and already ordered the Kustom HV 412B. I learnt it's a discontinued model, and the store had only one left in the showroom. A lil' bit scratched, so they sold it to me cheaper. All's well that ends well. I find it sexy that it's probably the only Kustom cab I'll see in my country.

If the price was right I think you should be happy with it, The G12P80's were used in countless mid priced amps and cabs at the time so they're pretty common, Good speakers just not high end Celestions, The Kustom cabinets were always well constructed no matter what speakers were used, Basically the HV is a poor mans version of the Coupe 412 which were of void free birch plywood and V30 loaded, The new generation of Kustom seems to be going down hill, Those of us with the old stuff just smile knowingly, I've yet to see another Coupe 412, and it takes a minute or two for those who do figure out what it really is to sort it all out.
Last edited by nastytroll at Nov 5, 2016,