Page 1 of 2
NO SHAVE NOVEMBER 2016

BEARDS AND MUSTACHES WELCOME

Okay lads, it's time to separate the men from the boys (3 days late, but whatever)

PURPOSE
The goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many (prostate) cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free.
You may donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives, and aid those fighting the battle.
https://www.pcf.org/donate/

RULES

-NO shaving of the beard (or mustache)
-NO hate towards sparse beards (we are all equal in this)
- minor trimming of lower neck hairs below the adams apple allowed if growing beard
- minor trimming of the upper cheek hairs allowed if growing beard
- for the rest of the month you may post progress pictures of your growth
- At the end of the month you may post a picture of your luxurious beard or mustache

last years MOVEMBER thread (oddly enough, created 3 days late as well )
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1690281

MAY THE BEST BEARD / MUSTACHE WIN

If you want in, post in this thread saying so.
I will add you to the list and will check progress at the end of the month

Participants

k.lainad
ali.guitarkid7
Amuro Jay
Burgery
dr.doom8793
cha33 armstrong
The4thHorsemen
naedauuf
Evilnine
Most Triumphant
bigrifter
kalypto
Wolfinator-x
Banjocal
Victory2134
Diamond Dave
Blade Slinger
wrs840
I already have a ridiculous mustache
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Have a beard right now, don't like how I look with it, probably going to skip out on it this year. Best of luck to everyone who participates though

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Already have a beard.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I've got a pretty thick beard right now. It looks pretty bushy, and is completely untrimmed.
more like blow-vember

also I shaved this morning so yeah

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by k.lainad
The goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free.
You may donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives, and aid those fighting the battle.
Wait, is that the point of no shave November?

But isn't it a little 'rub it in your face'-ish? Kind of like asking everyone to walk around in the streets with boners to raise awareness for erectile dysfunction. Like, I'd appreciate it, sure, but the method wouldn't exactly make me feel better. That's the way I see it anyways.

Doesn't matter anyways because I'm one of those infamous patchy neckbeard losers (with a mustache and tiny soul patch) you hear about so often. I can't grow a full beard and only need to shave like 3 times a week, so I could probably go 6 months without needing to spend on shaving supplies
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 4, 2016,
Ayyy

Also growing out hair to raise awareness for cancer patients' loss of such is a bit like dancing to raise awareness for paraplegics.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
I'm in. I haven't trimmed my beard since May. And even then it was a decent beard.

However. I will be keeping my mustache tidy, not allowing it to obstruct my mouth. It complicates eating and other things.

If this disqualifies me, so be it, but that won't stop me from posting my beard ???
I never actually shave but I'm not sure I want to look like a hipster/jihadi for a month
I have nothing important to say
ok
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I rep facial hair all year round
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
A little late, but count me in. I haven't been completely shaven in over a year, but I trimmed way down on Oct 30th to accommodate.

Quote by cha33 armstrong
I rep facial hair all year round

Also this.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Wait, is that the point of no shave November?

But isn't it a little 'rub it in your face'-ish? Kind of like asking everyone to walk around in the streets with boners to raise awareness for erectile dysfunction. Like, I'd appreciate it, sure, but the method wouldn't exactly make me feel better. That's the way I see it anyways.

Doesn't matter anyways because I'm one of those infamous patchy neckbeard losers (with a mustache and tiny soul patch) you hear about so often. I can't grow a full beard and only need to shave like 3 times a week, so I could probably go 6 months without needing to spend on shaving supplies

I thought the point of no shave november has always just been to grow out a beard for the fun of it. I've been doing it for like 5 years. Then last year people apparently felt like they needed a reason to do it, to make it into self righteousness "look at me I'm doing this to help people". Dipshits. If you want to raise awareness about cancer and hair loss caused by the treatment, how about you shave your head to show your support? I have nothing against raising money for cancer patients and it's fun to grow a beard once a year, but I think it's wrongheaded to put those two things together.

Anyway, all year I've been letting my whole beard grow out instead of just the goatee and trying different lengths. I've got it at around a half inch right now. I'll probably let it continue to get longer through november, but I'm still going to keep it neat.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Nov 4, 2016,
I'm going to go as long as I can, I've honestly never tried to grow a proper one but my beard is very patchy especially along my jawline so I don't think it'll look great at all. I'd like to participate, but patchiness. What do you guys think? Maybe I could pull off a mustache at least? idk.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I sport a 10 inch goatee year round so I am pre-certified for this. As far as not shaving the sides/cheeks I typically don't in the winter months as it gets cold here in Indiana and it keeps me face warm!

In fact about two years back I had a full on Duck Dynasty/ZZ Top beard going on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 4, 2016,
Started I can grow a fairly legit beard in a month. Deal me in I suppose.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I might trim up a little. I'm just a tan away from being confused with Osama bin Laden.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
i haven't shaved in november so i may participate out of laziness
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I thought the point of no shave november has always just been to grow out a beard for the fun of it. I've been doing it for like 5 years. Then last year people apparently felt like they needed a reason to do it, to make it into self righteousness "look at me I'm doing this to help people". Dipshits. If you want to raise awareness about cancer and hair loss caused by the treatment, how about you shave your head to show your support? I have nothing against raising money for cancer patients and it's fun to grow a beard once a year, but I think it's wrongheaded to put those two things together.

Anyway, all year I've been letting my whole beard grow out instead of just the goatee and trying different lengths. I've got it at around a half inch right now. I'll probably let it continue to get longer through november, but I'm still going to keep it neat.

hmm, looks like in '99 a group started it to raise money for charity, unrelated to cancer. Then in '04 another unrelated group started the same thing but for prostate cancer. I just didn't hear about the charity related stuff until last year. I liked it better when I thought it was just for the fun of it.

I'm also growing extremely tired of (see stewie's link) the continual discussion about gender binaries, lgbtqwerty, etc.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
hmm, looks like in '99 a group started it to raise money for charity, unrelated to cancer. Then in '04 another unrelated group started the same thing but for prostate cancer. I just didn't hear about the charity related stuff until last year. I liked it better when I thought it was just for the fun of it.

I'm also growing extremely tired of (see stewie's link) the continual discussion about gender binaries, lgbtqwerty, etc.

This may be just a Canadian thing, but usually guys grow beard in the NHL post season here. Is that a thing in the states? I always thought it was something started because guys were growing them anyways and some charity started to basically monetize it.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Movember has nothing to do with cancer patients losing their hair, it was a way to get manly men in Australia to take part in raising awareness and money for men's health, prostate cancer in particular.

I believe they still outfindraise the US in this event.

Anyways, donate some $$$ regardless of your facial hair capacity.

https://www.pcf.org/donate/

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Amuro Jay

However. I will be keeping my mustache tidy, not allowing it to obstruct my mouth. It complicates eating and other things.

seriously it's the worst. every now and then i have nutella on a toasted bagel, and after i finish i have to wash my whole face cause nutella is everywhere

i'm in
I haven't been maintaining my looks recently if I happen to not shave out of self-neglect can I still pretend it's for charity or whatever?
The only issue with beards and food/drink I have is after I've finished my cereal I'll drink the milk from the bowl and I'll get drips of milk in my beard

Other than that I've never had food in my beard/tash
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by naedauuf
This may be just a Canadian thing, but usually guys grow beard in the NHL post season here. Is that a thing in the states? I always thought it was something started because guys were growing them anyways and some charity started to basically monetize it.

Yea I think they have something like that with football, but I don't really know since I'm not into football. I believe some guys that are into hunting don't shave during deer season until they get their first deer. I don't know if that's a common thing or not, just that one of my friends mentioned him and some friends were doing that a few years ago. He's rocking a pretty awesome beard year round now though.
Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm in. I haven't trimmed my beard since May. And even then it was a decent beard.

If this disqualifies me, so be it, but that won't stop me from posting my beard ???

I'm kind of required to do this as well just so that I can maintain a professional look for the month. Still, I'll grow out my beard np.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by cha33 armstrong
The only issue with beards and food/drink I have is after I've finished my cereal I'll drink the milk from the bowl and I'll get drips of milk in my beard

Other than that I've never had food in my beard/tash

I strain my food like a blue whale
I'll probably hold off from shaving for a while, but I'll trim it once it gets too annoying
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I quit shaving in early May, and it's a fairly epic beard now. My barber does keep the mustache and soul-patch trimmed.

It was my wife's idea, and she says she wants me to keep it for at least a year.

She figures that the way it's progressing, I should blow past Duck Dynasty right into ZZ Top territory.

Whatever keeps my wife smiling is OK with me.
Last edited by wrs840 at Nov 5, 2016,
Page 1 of 2