well maybe. I have a VS6 and rather like it. if you had said a Epi g400 then I'd have said yes as I think the Vintage is a better guitar. what about your 339 don't you like. the Vintage has rather dark voiced stock pickups so keep that in mind.
Three reasons more or less:
-I kinda can't stand the body after several month of usage.
-And the resonance that force me to use high volumes when I play with headphones to cover the natural sound of semi hollow..
-Last but not least I kinda love SG style.

Just a question, is the VS6 unbalanced body toward neck like some SGs?
Definately if your not really getting along with the semi hollow then go for it!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by centravanti
Three reasons more or less:
-I kinda can't stand the body after several month of usage.
-And the resonance that force me to use high volumes when I play with headphones to cover the natural sound of semi hollow..
-Last but not least I kinda love SG style.

mine really isn't. the necks on those are very thin like the original 61 SG. the neck is glued in right at the body so the balance is pretty good. they are a bit fragile so you so have to be careful.
monwobobbo
yes I play often sit down so I need a good balance not to have the guitar continuously falling..

what do you mean fragile? tends to go upbow with string tension or worse?
no the guitar is solidly built however as I said the neck is very thin and meets right at the body. Gibson changed this on their SGs, the neck could snap if the guitar fell over or was dropped. mine stays in tune just fine and has no neck warping issues. I mentioned this because some guys can be a bit rough on their guitars so it could be an issue. this is my preferred SG style neck. I haven't had any issues with it just figured I'd mention it.
Quote by centravanti

Yup.

There are some offset-body guitars that aren't. Like this one:

http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Valkyrie_HSBF.html

If you put the top strap button on the end of the upper horn (as do a lot of SG owners), you're three frets further down the neck than on a standard SG-type instrument, and the extra body weight toward the bottom of the guitar doesn't hurt, either.
Quote by dspellman
Yup.

There are some offset-body guitars that aren't. Like this one:

http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Valkyrie_HSBF.html

If you put the top strap button on the end of the upper horn (as do a lot of SG owners), you're three frets further down the neck than on a standard SG-type instrument, and the extra body weight toward the bottom of the guitar doesn't hurt, either.

Yep I know all the issue of switching the bolt position.. but as I said I usually play sit down at home..

Btw those Agile seems to be not so simple to find here..
Quote by centravanti
Yep I know all the issue of switching the bolt position.

Btw those Agile seems to be not so simple to find here..

Where are you at?
They only come from one tiny little grease spot of a town in New Hampshire.
Neck heaviness isn't an issue if you're sitting down and have your sweaty forearm holding the body.
Quote by centravanti
dspellman
it is.
I had an Epi g400 it was unplayable..

how so? if you play classical style with the guitar between your legs then damn near any guitar can be played without worrying much about neck dive.
Quote by centravanti
monwobobbo
never played classical style.

well I'm just talking about how the guitar is held. give it a try and I think that any issues you have with neck dive will go away regardless of guitar played.
Last edited by nastytroll at Nov 5, 2016,
Quote by nastytroll

ban needed.
Quote by nastytroll

perhaps if you had identified these guitars I might be more inclined to believe you. what's the point of posting this? my SG isn't shaking in it's boots over any of those.