Hi all,

I recently just purchased a brand new Gretsch G2655t from Guitar Center last Friday, less than a week ago. I keep all of my guitars in their gig bags / cases in the closet when not in use.

Today I took my guitar out and noticed these cracks in the finish.

What on earth caused this? I've had a Fender for almost 4 years stored in the same way and it has never happened.

Picture did not work try uploading again.

It is still within the time that you can exchange it so take it back don't accept flaws in a brand new guitar either exchange it or get a refund if they do not have another one in stock. If you prefer to exchange then have them order one and inspect it thoroughly before you accept it as a replacement.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Looks like finish scratches to me. Can you feel thr crack? Do you wear rings when you play?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks like finish scratches to me. Can you feel thr crack? Do you wear rings when you play?

Yea but Im just confused as to how and why, there wasn't any drastic temperature differences in my room..and if there were, why haven't any of my other electrics or acoustics shown the same symptoms in the years they've been in my house..?

Yes, I can feel the crack and no I don't have anything on my hands/fingers when I play.
Thats really weird. I dont have a good answer either. I might take it back
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If the store isn't too far away, I'd just take the guitar back and show them. I can understand they don't take it back because they can't know what you've done with it. For all they know, you wanted to see how easily you could scratch it for whatever reason. However, if it's a store you've been buying stuff from for a while, they might make an exception for a good customer.
Mayones Regius
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Dude its a FMIC product with a Gretsch logo on it, What did you expect? A real Gretsch? These things are made in Corona CA. Ever been to Corona CA.? Ever been to Mexico City? Same difference, Take it to a good luthier and have him doll it up then sell it as fast as you can, Sure your going to take a loss but consider it a lesson learned, Fender did the same crap with Guild, Bought them up then also bought Tacoma, Closed the Guild Westerly RI. factory and showed those employees the unemployment line, Then moved production to the Tacoma WA. factory, Those guitars were actually really good, Then once the Corona factory was up and running for acoustic production closed the Tacoma factory and showed those employees the unemployment line, Its just the way FMIC does business, Those guitars sucked and no one would buy them, so ownership switched hands and once again Ren Ferguson is back at the helm of Guild and they're nice guitars again, One can only hope Gretsch takes the same path, Hell for that matter you could have bought a S Korean 5 series for a lot less and had a better guitar
Last edited by nastytroll at Nov 4, 2016,
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Let's focus on the guys guitar and not FMIC in this thread, shall we?