Hi all.

I've always plugged straight into the amp previously but I've now taken the plunge and decided to put a pedalboard together. To that end I've ordered as below:-

Vox VX V847A Wah, TC Electronic Ditto, TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini, TC Electronic Corona Mini Chorus, TC Electronic Flashback Mini Delay, Pedaltrain Metro 16 SC, TC Electronic HyperGravity Compressor, TC Electronic BonaFide Buffer

All this should arrive in the next few days (I also have an MXR DC Brick to power it all). My question is; where should I put the buffer (research tells me after the wah but there are a lot of opinions) and where do I put the ditto (no idea on that one!). Maybe I should have asked this before ordering :-).

Thanks!

P.S. I don't have a particular thing for TC Electronics :-), I was as surprised as anyone when I saw what was in my basket after all the trawling of reviews and adding each item individually!
Last edited by Blastradius at Nov 4, 2016,
The TC stuff is solid... I too felt like this after building my first board. But I chose mostly BOSS pedals. They all work and will give you a ton of fun.

You're going to want to see which pedals sound better in different orders, its a trial and error process. At first glance I would start with

Buffer -> Wah -> Compressor -> chorus -> delay -> reverb -> looper

I actually have my buffer built into my control midi devise so its after my WAH but I want to change it. Just need to do a little rewiring.
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
Are you using the 4 cable method with an effects loop? That changes things a little if you are.
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
is the vox wah half-assed bypass? if it is, put the buffer in front of it.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Hi, thatnks for your replies, I've only just realised they were there! I thought I'd get an email but must have missed it. Anyway, I have the board and have put it together but when I plug it in there is a lot of hiss and although the pedals all seem to work the sound is far, far too trebly, fyi I bought Mogami patch leads and the reverb and delay are through the effects loop (makes no difference to the treble problem though, I've checked), if you think along the lines of the most extreme Telecaster ever and triple it, that's what it sounds like! Stupid question time here - The power leads that came with the brick, it doesn't matter which end you use does it?

Any ideas?

Quote by Blastradius
Hi, thatnks for your replies, I've only just realised they were there! I thought I'd get an email but must have missed it. Anyway, I have the board and have put it together but when I plug it in there is a lot of hiss and although the pedals all seem to work the sound is far, far too trebly, fyi I bought Mogami patch leads and the reverb and delay are through the effects loop (makes no difference to the treble problem though, I've checked), if you think along the lines of the most extreme Telecaster ever and triple it, that's what it sounds like! Stupid question time here - The power leads that came with the brick, it doesn't matter which end you use does it?

Any ideas?
For this hiss: Not sure why. If you are using all the effects on (especially the Bad Monkey with Max Gain) you will end up with some hiss, also if your amp is set to a high-distortion setting. Try plugging in directly to the amp, then add pedals in individually to see if you can find the culprit.

Brightness: Also not sure why. Again, try the amp and guitar by themselves, set it how you want it, then add pedals in.

Power leads: Does not matter.
are you sure your wah pedal isn't engaged cocked forward?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Looks like it was the Bad Monkey causing the issue after all, sounds better without it anyway :-). I now need to find out how to use the compressor, as soon as I switch it on, all the gain from my amp is halved, not a problem with the pedal, I've just never had one before!