Carrying on from my last thread where it was recommended that I stick with an all analog/tube setup, I am looking to replace my Vox Vt40+ with a mini/micro tube combo.
The Vox has served me well and I can't recommend a better sounding hybrid amp in the price range, but I'm looking to try out that all tube sound and drive into a larger speaker cabinet as well for deeper low frequency extension.

The Kustom Defender 5w seems to have garnered quite a following for it's no nonsense value minded design, but I'm open to other options as well if the build quality just isn't there.
Trouble is I can't for the life of me find a reasonably priced Kustom Defender in Canada, at the prices I'm seeing on ebay I might as well just get an Orange micro terror.

I don't think wattage is a concern, I understand how wattage scales logarithmic relative to decibel output and I'm sure even 1w would be loud enough for my apartment bedroom.
Just looking for options right now, I don't want to make the same mistake I made in my last thread buying garbage, it's an old habit from my broke days that's been hard to break. Might as well buy something that will last and maybe go used, anyone know of a good online place to buy used gear in Canada?
it's not that 1w is loud enough, it's that 1w is probably too loud (if you want to crank it). what kind of budget do you have? and what type(s) of tones?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

budget would be helpful. I would recommend looking at either the 20 or 50 watt Peavey Valveking II. both have switches that drop the wattage to under 5 watts. nice thing about them is that if you needed to jam or play in a band then you could.
I'm trying to get away from combos, and I don't have a need for a dual purpose amp right now.
I don't like throwing out budget numbers because it becomes a race to the top, just looking for a decent value.

There is a Traynor Ironhorse on the used market in my area.
Quote by Mkjms
I'm trying to get away from combos, and I don't have a need for a dual purpose amp right now.
I don't like throwing out budget numbers because it becomes a race to the top, just looking for a decent value.

There is a Traynor Ironhorse on the used market in my area.

haha yeah i know what you mean about the budget, you start off wanting to spend $200 and before you know you're at 5 times that

I haven't tried the ironhorse unfortunately.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?