Title pretty much. I've got my fantastic Dean Vendetta that has been modded to hell and back so it sounds phenominal for my first electric. Problem is, my jack requires a few solid strikes with the palm of my hand to settle in properly so I think it's about ready to kick the bucket. I need a jack swap and was hoping the guys at UG might know! I'd prefer one made in the states. I don't quite know what I'm looking for so yeah, the body is basically a Gibson shape and the jack is located on the bottom of the thickness in the body. Sorry for my lack of vocabulary
1/4" panel mount jack, mono if you have passives and stereo if you have actives.

You can usually clean or re-tension the existing one if it's not working great, it's just a bent piece of metal so it's pretty rare that anything actually breaks.
Roc8995 Yeah, But everything seems solid however no matter how far I bend the metal tab forward the plug still wiggles around in the jack.

In hindsight, no I'm not making a joke here. I'm not trying to put a 1.5mm plug in my output jack. I'm not that daft.

EDIT: Agh English! I get sick for 2 days and I'm slowly loosing my memory.
Last edited by therealgiratina at Nov 4, 2016,
Ok, so the whole assembly is loose, probably. Might as well replace the whole thing, they're cheap anyway. When you install the new one, tighten everything snugly and then dab a little bit of nail polish on the threads (inside and outside) to keep it all tight.