hello everyone,

i'm a UG fan, the site has helped me a lot to get started with guitar. i have never posted on the forum before.

am looking for a little bit of help, not sure what the etiquette for this is. i imagine this will be quite annoying.

i have this very simple song i'd like to learn, it probably has 4 chords in it

i just need some help in identifying them

can anyone help?

this is the song:

i appreciate any help from someone more experienced

thank you so much if you can help
at the risk of confirming how utterly awful i am at transcribing stuff from listening to it, i'll give it a shot.

sounds like a I, vi, IV, V progression

F, D minor, Bb, C

Try that. (I didn't transcribe the wee intro bit, that's just the chords for the main bit of the song).

then second time round (0.38) it seems to go to Bb minor after it plays Bb major

then (0.42) A, then D minor, then G minor (I think ), C Bb

(0.50) A D minor Eb C

That's up to around the minute mark, and I'm hoping (praying, because I'm really awful at this ) that the rest of the song's the same I really need to go offline for the night, so if you can tell me if that sounds right to you (as I said, I suck at transcribing) then I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Is it a cover? It sounds very familiar. Really nice either way
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 4, 2016,
Thank u so much! I am going to try it out, no-one sucks at transcribing more than me so any idea of the chords is great!

It's familiar because parts of the melody are the same as Whitney Houston - I have nothing song (share my life take me for what I am etc!)

I looked up the chords for the Whitney song to try to figure it out from there but it doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway I really appreciate the help, I will try it and get back to u!
No problem (though probably hold off thanking me till you've tried it yourself in case I messed up )

it was late last night and I didn't think of checking wikipedia, it does seem to be a standard- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Wanna_Be_Loved It mentions her at the bottom. I thought it sounded familiar, really good song though

The name seems slightly different so I guess that's why we struggled to find any other tabs for it- I found it on wikipedia by sheer fluke by typing her name in.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?