Hey guys! My band's EP dropped today. I'd really appreciate if you could give it a listen and give me your feedback. Everything was self produced, so a lot of hard work went into it. Will C4C, of course

Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
Cynically Ill - that was a wild ride. Started off in a twee 70s way but rockier and there was a nice solid groove in there. The vocals come in over a prog section which I have to admit is a genre I despise (just cos you can play in 7/5 time doesn't mean you should lol) but it was interesting in context.
The mix was pretty good, the vocals lacked a bit of clarity for some reason. Guitars captured well.

Song for song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713097
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
sbesozzi,
Thank you for the kind review! As a mechanical design engineer, I have yet to design a charade on a formal engineering drawing. But an interesting concept for an album. Now your music: "Cynically": the Wurlitzer (?)(or maybe Fender Rhodes?) electric piano caught my ear. Nice sound & playing! I own Arturia Wurlitzer-V, but I never fancied myself a good player with that instrument or its emulation. What did you use for that? Not easy to use that sound and not sound a bit dated (even though I think the 70's & 80's were the best decades for music). Since I see 2 dudes with facial hair, I was surprised to hear the very good female singer. She reminds me of Deborah Harry (from Blondie). Everything on this song sounds excellent to me.

I've designed various machinery, but never a Sloth Machine (though some move slow by design): This sounds rather 70's, but not in a dated way. Since you were probably born after the 70's, how did you get into that sound? Nothing slow about this song. Nicely done!

I live near Los Angeles, so we have our share of Babylon around here: interesting the drums start off like a drum machine, and then sound much more human after that. After awhile, this song reminds me of an instrumental Steely Dan song. Sounds very good! Good luck with the EP, it sounds quite professional.
aaron aardvark Thank you for your review! For the Wurlitzer sound, we tried many good VSTs, but finally we stopped on Lounge Lizard-4. It has plenty of great Wurly/Rhodes presets, really worth the price! And indeed, we have a heavy 70s-80s influence although both born in the 90s. We just grew up with that kind of music and are both great fans of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, LZ, Hendrix, Hancock and the likes! We try to blend that with a more modern approach. Again, thank you very much!
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5