Hey guys. This is a quick one. I recently learned of an amp company called victory and an amp they have called the v40 "the duchess". That things sounds awesome! But I can't afford 1000 bucks for an amp. Is there an amp that is similar but not so expensive? Maybe closer to like half that?
Probably not. But I figured I'd ask
Thanks
It seems to be something like an American (Fender) voicing with some tweaks. The first amp that comes to mind that could get you similar results is the Fender Blues Jr. Go used and save a lot of money.
That's what it sounded like to me as well. Does fender make a bigger Blues Jr? Something with enough headroom for gigs?
You might look at a Fender Blues Deluxe, Fender HRD, something in the Carvin Vintage series (Nomad or Belair), or a Peavey Delta Blues 115.

http://carvinaudio.com/collections/vintage-tube-amplifier-series
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=delta%20blues%201x15%20combo
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Okay. I'll look at those fenders for sure. Those carvins look very affordable. I'll look up some videos on how they kinda sound. Are they pretty reliable?
That's a question I can't personally answer, alas. But they have a good rep, and I never see them dinged for anything more than Fenders.

Now, the HRD (which I have) and that Peavy have reps as being pretty much abuse immune.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Okay. I'll look into them. I wouldn't mind having a good loud clean amp. All mine are really just dirty when they are loud
Will Lane ]would have a hard time recommending a blues jr.

i second the classic 30, HRD if you plan using pedals for dirt is a viable option.

carvin has a solid rep across the board. i have played a few carvin amps and have been satisfied.

dspellman has a wealth of carvin knowledge, wait for him to pop on in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well I'm interested in the carvin because the gitfiddle center has one for 299. A nomad. But I really am only interested in the cleans so I wonder if it'd satisfy me. I'm not particularly picky but still. I had one carvin amp, a v3m, and it sounded good, but seemed very quiet and muffled all the time. But maybe I got a weird one
The Carvin vintage series amps- the 16, Nomad & Belair- are comperable in quality to other mainstream amps noted for their cleans.

alhaq369