What up what up my homeboys!. I'm a dedicated blues guitar player and I play a Fender Stratocaster but I want to form an extreme metal band. I'm not a very technical player but I was thinking about playing Celtic Frost style shit with similar gutteral growls or whatever you call it. Basically I want my guitar to have ball crushing tone that will pussy slay any ear within range. I want it to sound like moaning dead spirits, as I once heard someone describe it by. I was just thinking about throwing one of them Digitech Death Metal pedals in front of it. I don't want to buy a new guitar or amp for now so any suggestions? I'm pretty new to guitar gear and shit so don't be to harsh if I sound dumb XDDDDD. Thanks
Quote by TimTamTheTurtle
What up what up my homeboys!. I'm a dedicated blues guitar player and I play a Fender Stratocaster but I want to form an extreme metal band. I'm not a very technical player but I was thinking about playing Celtic Frost style shit with similar gutteral growls or whatever you call it. Basically I want my guitar to have ball crushing tone that will pussy slay any ear within range. I want it to sound like moaning dead spirits, as I once heard someone describe it by. I was just thinking about throwing one of them Digitech Death Metal pedals in front of it. I don't want to buy a new guitar or amp for now so any suggestions? I'm pretty new to guitar gear and shit so don't be to harsh if I sound dumb XDDDDD. Thanks
Well if your amp is not up to the task in the first place, you are not going to get a proper "ball crushing tone that will pussy slay any ear within range" in the first place, not even with "metal" pedals.
Your amp & pedals are the main limiting factors in pussy slaying ears, not the guitar you play through them.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Your amp & pedals are the main limiting factors in pussy slaying ears, not the guitar you play through them.

^^ I sort of agree and disagree, lol. I agree the amp is super-important, but if you don't have a fairly hot bridge humbucker (or something similar like maybe a hot p90) in the guitar, that's also going to make it a lot more difficult.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I can agree about an amp and pedal..... I've heard a stock squire sound pretty good doing Pantera and metallica
Dave_Mc more difficult? Yes. But it can still be done. Supposedly, the only non-stock thing on this Hello Kitty Squier is a knob.

And this guy...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
dspellman his terms, not mine!

alhaq369
dannyalcatraz the first time I seen this guitar all I could think is man I gotta get my daughter one..... my son got it lucky.... he's getting my Jackson dk2 eerie dess, and I'm probably just going to swap pick ups out of the pro series dk2s and upgrade then when i get around to making some little repairs to it
that has a humbucker, danny
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc not a particularly hot one, though. Probably low gain PAF style.

And John 5 uses modified AND stock teles playing metal.

Here is some metal being played on stock teles by "not John 5":

alhaq369
Anyone who plays a hello kitty I don't want to meet in a dark alley.... they gotta be crazy
The main ingredient in CF tone is a dinky Ibanez Iceman that feeds back lije crazy, so a single coil might even be better.
Overdrive into already highly driven metal amp shiuld do, or Digitech Death Metal or Metal Master pedal into crunch amp setting.
diabolical I can say for brutality the Dunlop fullbore metal is absolutely brutal.....i find myself always having to turn the gain way down for certain stuff
You're right, that's certainly a nasty distortion box, but I find it more of a grindcore/Pantera style...same as the MXR Doubleshot. Pusdyawot might be a bit better for front pedal into crunchy high gain amp although it seems like you could probably do this exact sound with an Engl nowadays
diabolical yeah I noticed that..... crank it up and you do have a certain Pantera tone lol.... with some tweaks, even with Duncan blackouts I can also get great clarity in distorted open chords
Quote by luke.g.henderso
Wait, I thought this was a sarcastic thread?

I got that feeling. the OP hasn't chimed in and when I tried to look at profile there isn't one so sorry but gonna close it.