So I've recently really gotten into Tool and they're now one of my favorite bands. I've been wanting to play some of their stuff but can't seem to find a good tone. Could anyone recommend any amp settings for me?
Quote by lanaranara
So I've recently really gotten into Tool and they're now one of my favorite bands. I've been wanting to play some of their stuff but can't seem to find a good tone. Could anyone recommend any amp settings for me?
What amp and guitar are you using? Recommending settings without knowing that information is pointless. We do have a Settings Thread but again posting in it without knowing the amp and guitar is silly. There are no magical knob settings that will get you Tool's tone on any given amp. Like asking "how fast can my car go" when we do not know your car. Not the best analogy but you get the idea.

EDIT: Using the 6505+?
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 7, 2016,
Also sometimes you can find bands gear set up and settings online, to give you an idea of what you want.
My Dual Rectifier used to do Tool-type sounds really well, so something in that vein if you're using a modeller might be an option.
Will Lane Sorry I forgot to add my gear. My bad. I'm using the 6505+ combo with an Ibanez RG450dx
Quote by lanaranara
So I've recently really gotten into Tool and they're now one of my favorite bands.

I'm so sorry. There are several outreach programs for victims of this disease, but most are overcrowded and there's a waiting list for admission.
Please maintain your regular drug regimen until you can find help.