Hi everyone! I am a 16 year old in high school in Oregon, who is taking a very community-oriented business class. I am a musician! I've been a drummer for about 8 years now I think? I also dabble a little bit in guitar and piano anyway, I have a certain idea for a drum company, and my instructor has told me to interview quite a few people, so I figured I would visit a forum where there are people who are just like me. There are 10 questions and I know it'll maybe be a bit difficult because of the lack of the face to face interaction. I just ask you guys to please do this and share ideas! If you have any interesting idea you want to share with me, please do it! I would love to hear it!
Also! These questions are malleable and can/will change. Please give suggestions for better questions if you have any!

1. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
2. As said by Henry David Thoreau: "Rather than love, than money, than family, give me truth." Does this statement resonate with you and your life? If so, how?
3. What would want your tombstone to say?
4. What role does music play in your life?
5. What’s your idea of a good day?
6. Have you ever created something you’re proud of? If so, what is it?
7. What’s your biggest insecurity?
8. What is one of your biggest problems playing/dealing with other musicians?
9. What is it that drives you to and makes you feel like doing your passions?
10. What are the biggest problems you have with your passions?

Thank you for doing this guys, happy playing!

-Trevor
Last edited by TrevorG48 at Nov 8, 2016,
Eh, a lot of those questions seem to have awfully little to do with music I don't really know how to react to this thread, but I'll keep it open for now (I'll delete the extra thread though). I can even answer the questions while I'm at it. But I'm still not 100% sure this belongs here.

1. the need to use a bathroom

2. Sure. Still wouldn't say no to some extra cash.

3. my time of birth, death, and my name.

4. It's a hobby, I study it, and it's going to be my profession in one way or an another.

5. not having a panic attack

6. yes

7. I can't grow a beard

8. good music

9. because I'm passionate about them

10. laziness

I'm still curious as to why you need to know all of this
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Kevätuhri I'm currently learning the interview process and the proper way to ask questions, so I'm sorry if the questions are very vague. Thank you for putting up with this! If this isn't the place to put this, what are some other forums I can apply this to? The questions will change over time as I learn which ones are better and more centricated towards my business. I am also looking at other people's responses and I am recording them to test the waters with my questions. Please give me honest feedback!! It's really appreciated!!

-T
1. My Iphone alarm clock
2. No, I want money
3. Nothing, nobody cares
4. It's what I do
5. A day off work
6. Yes
7. I'm afraid of letting people see who I really am
8. music
9. I feel like doing it
10. confidence in my ability frequently varies from 1 to 100
1. An alarm clock

2. Kind of. But if you have no money, love or family, then what is truth worth? You can't eat it, wear it, or live in it. Love is probably the most important, because if people love you enough they'll feed you, put a roof over your head, and give you money.

3. "worm restaurant downstairs" (Actually I'll probably be cremated, so this doesn't apply)

4. Recreation and income. Rather more of the former than the latter.

5. A day off work. So I can play music without having to worry who's paying me to do it. Or come here and answer some pointless questions, pointlessly.

6. Yes

7. A future one: who will support me in old age (I have no children, and not much money)

8. Almost everything. Musically, any music I've not heard before (there's an unimaginable amount out there).

9. Er, because I'm passionate about them. (Silly question - you could phrase this better if you thought about what kind of answer you want.)

10. They're not all the same as other people's. (Luckily my gf is also a musician, but only an amateur. Because I'm a pro she thinks I need to treat it more like work, to look for more work. I hate doing that.)
Last edited by jongtr at Nov 8, 2016,
TrevorG48
I understand what you're doing, but isn't the whole point to learn how to interview strangers face to face? You're never going interview potential employees via an anonymous message board.
cujohnston I'm posting on anon message boards because I just want to see the general responses I get, and based on my answers, I can renovate my questions and try to get better outcomes These questions are very malleable and will change