Page 3 of 3
People bitching about $60 games don't remember the days of $80 launch prices on games.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
People bitching about $60 games don't remember the days of $80 launch prices on games.

What game are you talking about?
Quote by seanlang01
But why

Have you checked the requirements/validating documents required for these pro deals?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Have you checked the requirements/validating documents required for these pro deals?
No I wasn't aware this sort of thing existed. I'll find a way.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by TobusRex
What game are you talking about?

It wasn't unusual seeing N64 games launching at $70+. I remember when the system came out and Mario 64 was $72.

Then there's Neo Geo...
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
You fuckers are lucky cos some new games around here cost 80 bucks.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It wasn't unusual seeing N64 games launching at $70+. I remember when the system came out and Mario 64 was $72.

Then there's Neo Geo...
Tbh I don't remember that, but that's probably because I was a spoilt kid who had his parents buy all his games for Christmas/birthday.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i vaguely remember some of the outrageous prices for video games from the n64 and sega genesis/cd days.

a lot of those consoles and games from that era had steep prices especially when you account for inflation (although i can't be bothered to see if those numbers are right)

still, a bunch of those 80's early 90's consoles retailed around $700 without inflation.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i vaguely remember some of the outrageous prices for video games from the n64 and sega genesis/cd days.

a lot of those consoles and games from that era had steep prices especially when you account for inflation (although i can't be bothered to see if those numbers are right)

still, a bunch of those 80's early 90's consoles retailed around $700 without inflation.
See, this is why the last console I bought was a Megadrive(genesis to you natives of the United States of Trumpistan). And I think the last game I bought within a week of launch was probably Warhammer: Total War, which went against many years of habit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
i miss my sega.

i should look into some more info on the neo geo and 3do. i'd like to know what the fuck they were thinking releasing systems priced around 3 times more than other well established consoles.

half-assedly looking up some of these numbers reminded me how much the PS3 cost at launch. forgot about that shitshow.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
OK fuckers time to get real, do you know how much a physical copy of Titanfall 2 for Xbox One costs here? 93 fucking dollars!

The collectors edition for Watch Dogs 2 costs 150 bucks, so dont complain about you 60 buck launch title.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i miss my sega.

i should look into some more info on the neo geo and 3do. i'd like to know what the fuck they were thinking releasing systems priced around 3 times more than other well established consoles.

half-assedly looking up some of these numbers reminded me how much the PS3 cost at launch. forgot about that shitshow.

TBH the Neo Geo was the most successful wtf release in gaming history. It came out in 1992 and was discontinued in 2004 and has a fan base as rabid as the Dreamcast.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
TBH the Neo Geo was the most successful wtf release in gaming history. It came out in 1992 and was discontinued in 2004 and has a fan base as rabid as the Dreamcast.
shit really?

fanbase must have been older because i wasn't even totally aware of its existence until a few years ago.

then again its not like i was really aware what was going on in the gaming world during the 90's with dial up internet and a grand total of maybe 10 games across my n64, genesis, and game boy.

or the fact i grew up in a dying town where most people probably couldn't afford or justify a $700 console.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
shit really?

fanbase must have been older because i wasn't even totally aware of its existence until a few years ago.

then again its not like i was really aware what was going on in the gaming world during the 90's with dial up internet and a grand total of maybe 10 games across my n64, genesis, and game boy.

or the fact i grew up in a dying town where most people probably couldn't afford or justify a $700 console.

Yeah, people in their 30's and late 20's know more about it. If you actually look into the history behind those consoles, it's actually not that crazy with what they were doing to try and justify their crazy launch prices. Well imo the Neo Geo is less pie in the sky.

The Neo Geo's story is related to arcades. SNK made the MVS, which was an arcade system with interchangeable cartridges like a game console. Those games were getting popular in arcades. People wanted home ports, but the problem was that home console ports of arcade games were "dumbed down" versions. We actually didn't get home console ports that were direct copies of arcade games until the Dreamcast. Anywho, SNK realized this, and decided to make the AES home console which was practically a direct copy the MVS arcade, but in the shape of a home console. Since it was a straight up arcade machine that connected to your TV, that explained why it was super expensive when it came out. Also the cartridges were the size of VHS tapes (and taller), so they cost a lot to make. SNK even ported those same games onto the Genesis and SNES, but it was like getting the console version of a game, and the AES version was the PC version on ultra high settings, but the game cost like 4 times as much.

With the 3DO, they were trying to battle Sega and Nintendo by trying to get rid of a multi-console market, and create a single console market. So the 3DO was going to be like DVD players are, where it doesn't matter which DVD player you bought, your DVD's will play on it. Which is why 3DO never made a console, they had Panasonic and Goldstar make them. Though like when DVD and Bluray players came out, early adopters paid a ton for the launch versions, but their goal later on was to have the cheap $80 one, or you could go out and get the nice $500 one. Sadly they didn't have enough games worth a damn to back this plan up.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Great post, for everyone to make maintain public wall and road with proper lighting, led is really better options for everybody.
Page 3 of 3