The esteemed Nigerian film industry has been rocking it lately with countless earth-shattering productions.

I have created this thread to celebrate Nollywood's surpassing of Hollywood as the second largest movie industry in the world.

BASK IN THE GLORY OF THEIR MASTERPIECES.

ggg1 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg3

Quote by soundgarden1986
i prefer nolliewood

l8r nerds

Not even remotely comparable.

When skateboard tricks bring me to the verge of tears I'll get back to you.

You laugh at them and jokingly inflate its import but nascent film industries in developing countries carry so much excitement about movies that it's hard to justify mocking them.

I've had a mounting suspicion that the majority of film audiences are just very shitty and care more production value. I can't even blame this on video games spilling over since they've consistently cared less and less about "good graphics" (i.e. just detailed renderings rather than semantic capacity). That gif of the helicopter is god damn ingenious and says more than any "real" $30,000 a day rental could. We've watched these high concept films as a society for about 40 years. If we still think having a rental helicopter lends your film credence, we are fucked and deserve it.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
yeah but what about that double slap scene though

ok that scene at 35 minutes was pretty good

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 7, 2016,
I prefer nollys wood ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by beadhangingOne
Nollywood is weak.

Wakaliwood is where it's at.

Glad someone brought it up

I've only just heard of Wakaliwood and I can't afford Bad Black (yet) but so looking forward to them.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 7, 2016,
Quote by EpiExplorer

was waiting for this post
It was my privilege
Quote by beadhangingOne
Bollywood is also rubbish.

Kollywood is what you want (South Indian films).

honestly though this has some pretty awesome stuff. forked snake tongue is two machine guns? that's clever. the giant multi-robot gives a thumbs up, and his thumb is another robot, who then gives a thumbs up? loved it. seriously great
Quote by EpiExplorer

Damn it I was gonna come in here and make this joke.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds