I just saw some random guitar on Amazon from a company called eshion. Has anybody heard of them? I was curious to try one they look amazing but the price is so low I was thinking it would suck.

Anyone have any experience with the brand? How would it compare to a $500 Epi? Are they made with lead based materials? IE the finish. I want to make sure it is legit and safe.
a link might be helpful. can't really tell you anything until we know exactly what you are talking about.
Of course not, My guess? I'd say one of the many Chinese manufactures producing these things today, Almost stinks of rareelectricguitar.com, and if not those guys then someone trying to take a slice of they're pie, Not that that they're bad guitars, they're just hit or miss, and if a miss then try and contact these companies for an exchange or refund, Yea good luck with that, But the fact they're pretty doesn't mask the fact the electronics and hardware on these things are the cheapest of the cheap, So those that are satisfied generally swap out all the electronics and hardware within a few weeks of receiving it, In which case for the same price you could have just bought a similar guitar from a reputable brand name from a reputable site or brick and mortar store. Then the fact your tripping about lead free and such? Oh my, Its made in China fer Christ sakes! They're selling them on Amazon, Really think Amazon is going to check or care? Welcome to the Global Economy.
It's a generic mystery meat brand. There are likely dozens of guitars absolutely identical to it, but just branded a different and equally generic name. Avoid.

If you want to get a quarter-way decent guitar for little money, it actually makes sense to some extent go for a recognizable brand (like Squier or Epiphone) because such guitars are known to be produced in the thousands of units. When producing guitars at such volumes, the manufacturer can produce a better guitar for less money by taking advantage of the economy of scale. Another advantage with a recognized brand is that you'll have a far better idea of what you're actually getting for your money, because constructive feedback on the quality of the product is going to be a lot more readily available.
Quote by nastytroll
Of course not, My guess? I'd say one of the many Chinese manufactures producing these things today, Almost stinks of rareelectricguitar.com, and if not those guys then someone trying to take a slice of they're pie, Not that that they're bad guitars, they're just hit or miss, and if a miss then try and contact these companies for an exchange or refund, Yea good luck with that,

Calling Chinese counterfeits 'hit and miss' is and understatement. Most of what you see on sites that advertise such fake guitars are in fact stolen images of the real instruments the fakes are trying to copy. Such guitars are not so much 'hit and miss', more accurately they're flat-out not as advertised.

To call those guitars anything less than abominable is wrong as a matter of principle. If people are going to buy such trash, at least change the brand on the headstock to something that isn't infringing a trademark. Then set your expectations on the quality of the guitar as low as the minimum wage, and be grateful if the guitar ever arrives at all, let alone if you receive a red guitar when you were certain you ordered a green one.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
So in other words get the $300 for Christmas and just save. :P

Thanks for your input. I kinda figured this much but just wanted to check in case they were somehow decent.
Quote by nathandavis87
So in other words get the $300 for Christmas and just save. :P

Thanks for your input. I kinda figured this much but just wanted to check in case they were somehow decent.

^^This and consider buying used you'll get more bang for your buck! If you are in the U.S. you should be able to find a good used guitar for $300-$400 range MIJ Jacksons can be found at that price point all day long also Schecter, Ibanez, LTD etc. can be found used for that budget.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 8, 2016,
Evilnine I agree buy used. Look at craigslist, offerup, pawnshops and Guitar Center. You can use the Guitar Center price for reference as to what it is worth. Some items have saturated the market so the price is lower than what the seller believes it should be. That is why Guitar Center is a good reference point.