Page 1 of 2

Tracklist
1. StewieSwan - The Rebec
2. Gabriel Graves (SirZep) - The Quiet Man Sings
3. Chasing Erin (Harlot Hero) - Most of Us (Messed Up)
4. Nico (nico_9550) - In the End
5. Apocalypse Sons - Prison Break
6. CaptainCadmium - Peaks and Valleys
7. mr tumnus (korinaflyingv) - You're a Cretin (Hymn to Intuition)
8. Chev311e - Distant Memories
9. Violet Fluid (xTURTLENECKx) - Lockheed
10. Stephen Afflitto (Grey Dynasty) - The Current
11. Michael Espinosa (MeGaDeth2314) - Winter Day
12. Shaquille Sadiq (Kryptos) - My Love
13. Skylerjames13 - Shadows
14. Exactly That (whywefight) - Ode to Loneliness
15. TV-Casualty - Inconvenient Boner
16. ehbacon - Ocean
17. Harrison/Graves (mind_meld/SirZep) - Desert Sea

Download the album for free or stream it here:
https://ugcommunity1.bandcamp.com/album/acoustic-originals-iii

It's finally here! After months of waiting, and a delay that almost made it possible to release as a double album with next year's album, we have UG Community Acoustic Originals III. Thanks to all that contributed! If you missed out this time, don't worry, I'm sure we'll have the planning thread for the next album up by 2018

Hope you all enjoy the music.
Anyone want to write a publicity piece for this as a UG front page article?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by StewieSwan
Nice Jurassic Park cover, TS

The similarity did not escape my notice after I recorded it
Quote by Grey Dynasty
The similarity did not escape my notice after I recorded it

It was a lovely tune and very well composed, don't get me wrong :p
It was my privilege
Huzzah! Going to listen once iTunes updates

Quote by StewieSwan
Nice Jurassic Park cover, TS

Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Nov 8, 2016,
Nice
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by Gatecrasher53
I used to google image search stuff like 'sexy guitar', and 'hot guitar' and then scroll through several results pages to find maybe two images of shitty magazine covers with nude women posing with les pauls covering their genitals because I didnt know about clearing your search history and I thought I could explain away these searches if they were ever discovered as me just looking at cool guitars.

soundcloud
youtube
Quote by Hydra150
Anyone want to write a publicity piece for this as a UG front page article?

A few of the lads from the pit got together with their guitars.
You won't believe what happened next.
01. StewieSwan - The Rebec
Awesome. The rain in the beginning sets the mood nicely and that flute melody fits perfectly in the song and gives it that additional folk flavour. The vocal melody sounds good, I like the voice - it's rich and the melody takes advantage of that, and the harmonies gel together nicely. Like the change at 0.17. Great song, well done. It makes me want to start listening to more folk.

03. Chasing Erin - Most of Us (Messed Up)
I'm liking the chorus and its harmonies. What I'm not a fan of is the screaming, but I suppose that's a personal preference. I don't mind screaming in general, but not for whole sung lines. The verse seems to get slightly repetitive, but the song overall is diverse enough.

04. Nico - In The End
The beginning of that riff reminds me a tiny bit of Zeppelin's 'Over The Hills and Far Away'. I would've liked a bit more diversity, more layers, but overall it's not a bad tune.

05. Apocalypse Sons - Prison Break
'Old man McGucket, spittin' in a bucket' - doesn't have anything to do with the song, it's just that the guitar sounds a bit like a banjo here and there and it reminded me of that. Those strings seem to me that they're...either out of tune or in different key? I do like the percussion and that guitar drowned in reverb playing in the background, it's a nice touch.

06. CaptainCadmium - Peaks and Valleys
Solid tune, but not very acoustic, is it? I like the chorus, and when the distortion kicks in the tone and guitar work sound good. Not too keen on that prolonged drum fill (2:26 - 2.47). I think there's room enough for a vocal melody, but overall it sounds pretty good as an instrumental.

07. mr tumnus - You're a Cretin (Hymn to Intuition)
I like the percussion, whatever that is, and that combined with the dry instruments it makes the song sound rather earthy. I feel like the double tracked vocals don't mix together at all time, however that kinda adds to the punk attitude of the song.

08. chev311e - Distant Memories
I like the addition of the electric guitar and I like the sound of that snare drum. Vocals seem a bit shaky here and there? I like the chorus and the guitar melody on it. I'm not opposed to reverb, but maybe having the vocals dry as well (not turning the reverb down, but turning the dry layer up - make sense?) maybe would've made the vocals stand out a bit more in the front (because the drums seem dry and are kinda taking center stage).

09. Violet Fluid - Lockheed
Those synths could've been used for the drone effect, but there's also that acid sound to them that, at times, seems a bit out of place, because the song doesn't tap into that electronic aspect enough, so I think you could've used the synths more actually. I was kinda expecting an extra bit, because the song seems to keep building.

10. Stephen Affitto - The Current
Not much to say. Well put together instrumental. The piano melody is soft and delicate and the string section at times is heavy and powerful, and they blend nicely because despite the contrast they don't lose their features when put together (even when the piano gets more heavy).

11. Michael Espinosa - Winter Day
I like the lo-fi atmosphere, and that movement noise in the background, I don't know if that was intentional but it adds a nice touch, it adds a more human element to the song, I suppose.

12. Shaquille Sadiq - My Love
Those harmonies make the song quite quirky, which kinda works out good when put together with the rather cheesy lyrics , because it adds an element of self awareness, if that makes sense.

The vocal melody seems a bit confusing here and there, it's like it all blends into one long line, which sometimes is not a bad thing, but there are bits where I think the melody can be defined a bit more (and the fact that there are bits where the voice doesn't seem to sit properly on the instrumental doesn't help). However the song is not bad, it has potential.

14. Exactly That - Ode to Loneliness
I like the change to the chorus and the usage of strings. The instrumental is rich and sounds good. I am confused by the 'anyway' in the chorus, it's just random.

15. TV-Casualty - Inconvenient Boner
...why those lyrics? I ask that because the song might not be the most complex ever, but it's good enough to be a serious song, and the voice sounds good, the melody is good, but you put those lyrics on top... I'm not saying it's a bad song, it's a silly song - but it has potential to be a serious song.

16. ehbacon - Ocean
Would've liked something more. You have the basis there, there's room to take it one step further with some vocals or maybe some guitar fills.
I've listened to just over half the album, some good stuff on there so far. I'll listen to the rest tomorrow and get a little write up done.
Quote by SirZep
07. mr tumnus - You're a Cretin (Hymn to Intuition)
I like the percussion, whatever that is, and that combined with the dry instruments it makes the song sound rather earthy. I feel like the double tracked vocals don't mix together at all time, however that kinda adds to the punk attitude of the song.

Thanks man Earthy is my aim. The percussion is a spring on the side of a toy drum I got for my birthday when I was very young. Love the kinda timpani sound it makes. I agree about the vocals. I hate doing multiple takes of things and sometimes that doesn't work out too well haha.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Nov 8, 2016,
SirZep

I'm working more on increasing the dryness on the reverb with my vocals. However since I don't think my voice sounds good I tend to drown it in reverb lol
Quote by SirZep
I like the change to the chorus and the usage of strings. The instrumental is rich and sounds good. I am confused by the 'anyway' in the chorus, it's just random.

I like the anyway tho
Quote by SirZep

Those harmonies make the song quite quirky, which kinda works out good when put together with the rather cheesy lyrics , because it adds an element of self awareness, if that makes sense.

Thanks man, I was trying to go for a quirky/cheesy feeling.
Still wasn't entirely happy with my song but due to very limited recording time I couldn't practice & record it more than I was able
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by UltimateGuizar
A few of the lads from the pit got together with their guitars.
You won't believe what happened next.
Apparently they're planning to do away with clickbait
Quote by skylerjames13
Still wasn't entirely happy with my song but due to very limited recording time I couldn't practice & record it more than I was able

yeah it sucked
It was my privilege
Quote by Hydra150
Apparently they're planning to do away with clickbait

On a serious note, the op could be used for the front page article.
Just add a little to it and a bit of info on how to join if more people would like to contribute to the next album
Yeah if anyone involved wants to flesh it out a bit or add context then I think it'd be a good thing to feature.
Link this thread in there too (trying to rope front-page cretins into the forums).
No point on me writing it as I'm not involved, seems they put a section for submitting UG news to the thingy thing; https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/submit/news.php
I think I've been recruited to do that, as well. I was gonna submit it sometime today
Quote by Grey Dynasty
I think I've been recruited to do that, as well. I was gonna submit it sometime today
cool just checking that someone was on it
I'm really busy right now ok

eating soup
Quote by StewieSwan
yeah it sucked

thanks
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Shit, sorry man, hope I didn't ruin your soup time
no but you're intruding on pasta o'clock rn ?
idk here's a blurb on all of these songs

1. StewieSwan - The Rebec:
The beginning feels very Opethian and the production and the performances are both pretty good. Very European. One of the better songs on the album

2. Gabriel Graves - The Quiet Man Sings
I like the sort of hazy feel to it. Its very you

3. Chasing Erin - Most of Us
This is my shit. Not really the most solidly performed song but I love it anyway. I loved the addition of screaming in the back half

4. Nico - In the End
The acoustic sounds great and the performance is pretty good. Not much more to it but not much else is needed right

5. Apocalypse Sons - Prison Break
I like the real instrumentation. Makes it stand out among the rest of the songs so far that have used a lot of vsts

6. CaptainCadmium - Peaks and Valleys
Idk it's pretty good but feels like it needs vocals very noticeably for the way the song structure's set up

7. mr tumnus - you're a cretin
no u

but this has one of the more interesting atmospheres of the album
8. (h3v3113 - Distant Memories
I remember listening to this one a long time ago, this one's awesome. The melancholy's real

9. Violet Fluid - Lockheed
you keep rushing it but it's pretty good. I like your voice a lot

10. Stephen Afflitto - The Current
The Jurassic Park is real and it's pretty much all I can think of. Hey the piano's gorgeous tho

This is another one of my favorites here. It's really quite resplendent

AINT ANOTHER WOMAN THAT CAN TAKE YOUR SPOT MY LOV- god that song is a banger

really though, I think this is my favorite song on the album. the lo-fi is real and everything about it works for me, I love it. just wish the acoustic was a bit tighter performed. you've got a beautiful voice

The vocals almost worked for me, the pronunciation gets in the way a little bit tho

why didn't you guys tell me that your songs were going to be as loud as they could be damn, I intentionally bumped mine down so it wouldn't be obnoxious iirc

might have gone too far in some places tho

15. TVCasualty - Inconvenient Boner
I like the contrast between the instrumentation and the lyrics. The instrumental sounds like it should be played under a life insurance commercial or smth. Good shit
16. Ehbacon - The Ocean
The ocean noises are a bit on the nose but it's still fairly lovely

17. Harrison / Graves - Desert Sea
Pretty much just copy paste in what I said about your other song tbh except for add in mind-meld
Quote by SirZep
03. Chasing Erin - Most of Us (Messed Up)
I'm liking the chorus and its harmonies. What I'm not a fan of is the screaming, but I suppose that's a personal preference. I don't mind screaming in general, but not for whole sung lines. The verse seems to get slightly repetitive, but the song overall is diverse enough.

Yeah, I honestly wasn't sure about the screaming for like a week or so after recording the lines, but the more I listened, the more it grew on me. Maybe I should have pushed those vox back further in the mix; made them a bit more distant? I also agree on the repetitiveness; couldn't think of any other lyrics for the second verse hahah

Quote by whywefight
3. Chasing Erin - Most of Us
This is my shit. Not really the most solidly performed song but I love it anyway. I loved the addition of screaming in the back half

Hey, thanks! I try to keep sort of a raw(?) sound to my acoustic mixes.
Quote by SirZep
Don't let the thread die already
Keep talking about the songs!

I feel like this is getting less attention because it is stickied to the top of the Pit. Ain't nobody looks up here.
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
I feel like this is getting less attention because it is stickied to the top of the Pit. Ain't nobody looks up here.
yeah this is a catch 22
I might ask the russians to highlight stickies better, with some variance in font
gg everyone, it's finally here! A little bit late, PC diededed on me. Giving it a listen as I write

I might have to collab with someone next year tho bcos I can't sing 3
All my hobbies are expensive, pls $$donate to my cause$$
Quote by whywefight

This is another one of my favorites here. It's really quite resplendent

i just saw this but hey thanks

yours is pretty resplendent too (i like that word) but I dig the string section and your voice has an awesome depressing vibe that totally bums me out but leaves my broken heart begging for more
Page 1 of 2