Ok, so this might sound like a really silly beginner question, but I need help with the main riff in Highway to Hell.

I am trying to play the main riff in this tab: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/acdc/highway_to_hell_album_tab.htm

How am I supposed to play? I mean the only way I can think of is to pluck the notes at the same time? But that isn't the way it's supposed to be played, right?

I mean, the A string isn't supposed to be picked, right? The problem I have is to play the notes after the first ones. Like first you play the A, D and G strings, then you play the E string 2 times, after you play the A, D and G strings 1 time. The A string between the E and the rest of the strings isn't supposed to be picked when you play those notes, right?
Use your index finger to fret the notes on the low E but also rest it on the A string so it mutes it - then just play them as normal chords.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you're lazy like me you can use your thumb for the low E string
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 8, 2016,