I appreciate your suggestions.

Hey guys, so i' ve been playing intensely for a couple of years now
and i'm facing a neck bend problem.

While playing that makes the action raise like hell
and precision goes out the window not to mention
pickup sensitivity since the distance between strings
and magnet grows too long!!!

In quite fast playing that makes the compressor
kick in and smother the s00t out of all your notes.
Goodbye definition as well.

All in all the thing is quite the misadventure and would
not believe price would include this specific area of
focus as it usually targets wood and tone.

I do play bolt on but consider that neck through would not by default be
impervious to the raising of temperature which is the
cause of the bend while playing. Add to that flight travel
pressure change and you conclude that:

"I need a neck that doesn't bend"
I appreciate your suggestions once again.

Thank You!
have you adjusted the truss rod?

also see vigier guitars
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

http://mosesgraphite.com/ for Moses Carbon Fiber Graphite necks.

There are now several companies (at least a half-dozen) that make all-carbon-fiber guitars.

You might also be interested in the vintage aluminum-neck (and aluminum neck-through) guitars from Travis Bean and Kramer.
Current builders of all-aluminum and aluminum neck guitars include the Electrical Guitar Company http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/

In addition, there are several companies that make carbon fiber neck reinforcements for wood necks (StewMac has some that are available).
Last edited by dspellman at Nov 8, 2016,
As far as the truss rod, yes and quite frequently but would like
to not have to do so as much.

I know vigier, will check em out in detail.

Thanks for the moses link will check those as well.

As far as graphite reinforcement the new jackson
budget models all come with it and considering that
as well.

Thank you for the lightning reply!
I do believe this is a major performance
issue!
Quote by MitchEssence

I do believe this is a major performance
issue!

It really hasn't been for several 10s of millions of guitarists.
I don't have my neck suddenly bending in the middle of a performance, certainly, and mine rarely need adjustment.
Maybe he's just storing the guitar in the worst possible place, so it's being subjected to wide variations in temp/humidity over short periods?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
What guitar are you playing with a neck that is that unstable?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

You might want to take a look at the Status Graphite Slipstream. Bring money, though. They ain't cheap.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Just a comment on aluminium necks. I got interested in them at one time, and came very close to buying one - came home with an LP Special instead. I researched them a bit beforehand, and found a lot of reports of unstability wrt temperature. Heat from the fretting hand could apparently be enough to put them out of tune.
Quote by Tony Done
Just a comment on aluminium necks. I got interested in them at one time, and came very close to buying one - came home with an LP Special instead. I researched them a bit beforehand, and found a lot of reports of unstability wrt temperature. Heat from the fretting hand could apparently be enough to put them out of tune.

Nah. I have a Travis Bean that's always in tune. You can't really get that much heat from your fretting hand into aluminum. But the issue with aluminum necks IS related to removing heat from the fretting hand -- the things transmit enough heat FROM your hand that a lot of folks complain about the necks feeling "cold." At one point they attempted to allay the problem by putting a coat of paint on the aluminum, but reviews were mixed.
Thank you for ALL the feedback!

Getting some valuable information here...

Slapsy: A valid question. But really i have a very nice
stand in my room.

Evil: A jackson DKMG that's served me valiantly
through the years might i add. Now for two weeks been playing
a BC Rich Beast confronting the SAME problem!
And your question was EXACTLY what i thought.

Fatal: I do intent to invest a reasonable amount
into NOT having this material inefficiency.
For my style of playing it is a serious issue.

Tony is right on the money for me as the fretting hand DOES
emits a ton of heat and i spend A LOT of time playing
from where the neck meets the body down.

So right in that sweet spot where temperature application
will produce a specific result. May i go as far as to
parallel this phenomenon with the "spoon bending"
action where scientifically applying heat in strategic areas
produces change.

dspellman: I would honestly hope these guys found a solution to their
problem.
Last edited by MitchEssence at Nov 9, 2016,
Quote by MitchEssence

Tony is right on the money for me as the fretting hand DOES
emits a ton of heat and i spend A LOT of time playing
from where the neck meets the body down.

dspellman: I would honestly hope these guys found a solution to their
problem.

Travis Bean is no longer in business -- but there are no recorded instances whatsoever of the aluminum necks bending, even to a small degree, due to heat from a fretting hand.
Kramer produced aluminum necks for a while, but in order to make a more hand-friendly neck, they added some wood to the exterior of the neck.

In any case, the Graphite and/or Carbon Fiber necks are extremely stable and hand friendly.
Last edited by dspellman at Nov 9, 2016,
dspellman

I would like to try a carbon fibre neck some time. I had a quick look at stability in aluminium necks, and could findn't any convincing evidence that they have a problem. Weight seemed to be an issue, especially with bass necks.

Tim Brennan of Tym's guitars used to make aluminium neck guitars.
Quote by Tony Done
dspellman

I would like to try a carbon fibre neck some time. I had a quick look at stability in aluminium necks, and could findn't any convincing evidence that they have a problem. Weight seemed to be an issue, especially with bass necks.

Tim Brennan of Tym's guitars used to make aluminium neck guitars.

I haven't heard complaints about the graphite necks on bass guitars, though I'd have to stalk TalkBass.com for anything definitive. Parker has done composite necks (and bodies), so there's probably information there. Dunno who else is using graphite or carbon fiber that's anywhere close to the mainstream other than Moses.
Oh my! Sounds like kid with a cheap guitar and thinks he knows what the hell he's talking about, Neck bending to the point of changing the distance between pickups and strings? Yea OK that's a seriously cheap ass guitar, How many guitars have you owned? 2 maybe? Bet you have your little Fender SP10 maxed out too, Granted I had some pretty crappy guitars back in the 70's . Mostly Pawn Shop beauty queens left over from the 60's but I cant remember them having necks like that, Perhaps your just trying too hard?
Last edited by nastytroll at Nov 9, 2016,