Also include the price for a locking nut route and install. No set up cost.
What are you doing it on?

Generally, too much money that you'll never get back once you decide you want to sell it.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sell it and get an MIM routed for a floyd. You'd be wasting money routing that thing.

At minimum you'd probably pay 100 bucks USD for a bare bones job.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
most techs would set it up after installing just to make sure it works just so you know. a Floyd into a MIM isn't that huge of a job really but the $100 mentioned is a pretty safe guess and likely a bit more (but it would include setup)

what is the school project?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sell it and get an MIM routed for a floyd. You'd be wasting money routing that thing.

At minimum you'd probably pay 100 bucks USD for a bare bones job.

I'm thinking double that. The actual routing time isn't all that bad, but pulling the thing apart and getting it ready to rout (and the shelf cut) and then putting it back together again is where the charge is mostly spent. Doesn't matter whether it's recessed or not.
(Accidental double post)
Last edited by 70001407 at Nov 9, 2016,
Its a year long project where I make a product based off of something I researched the year before. I chose to make a guitar that combines elements of the 50s and 80s. Also would it be cheaper if I just brought in the body without neck or electronics? I attached the guitar that looks close to what I want on end up with, if you are interested.
(The rooster head knobs may or may not actually happen)
Attachments:
convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2016-11-10_00-44-02.pdf
Quote by 70001407
Its a year long project where I make a product based off of something I researched the year before. I chose to make a guitar that combines elements of the 50s and 80s. Also would it be cheaper if I just brought in the body without neck or electronics? I attached the guitar that looks close to what I want on end up with, if you are interested.
(The rooster head knobs may or may not actually happen)

not to sure this idea really is A material. I mean what research did you do exactly? this isn't exactly a new idea and actually the Floyd Rose was invented in the 70s so kinda a fail there.
Well, the Floyd was popularized in the 80's and it was first heard on Van Halen, which came out in 1978, so I consider it good enough. The whole research portion was mainly "How did guitar players change their instruments to suit their needs". That is really oversimplifying it though, I managed to get 20 some pages out of it, compared to most people only getting around 15.
And just to "defend" my project it's got an original wiring, similar to the PTB, but with nodded varitones, and an odd 5 way super switch.
actually the first VH album was done with a fender trem not a FR but that's nit picking. not looking for you to "defend" project just figured I'd mention a possible pitfall. hope you get a good grade and all goes well.
My bad, I keep mixing years up in my head. 78 was when he first recorded with Frankenstrat, and it was like 79 or 80 that he actually used the Floyd Rose. That guitar has gone through so much it's hard to keep it straight.
Quote by 70001407
My bad, I keep mixing years up in my head. 78 was when he first recorded with Frankenstrat, and it was like 79 or 80 that he actually used the Floyd Rose. That guitar has gone through so much it's hard to keep it straight.

the charvel seen on the 2nd album cover (now buried with dime) was the first one to have a Floyd. it was an original one made by Floyd Rose in his garage that didn't have the fine tuners. the Franken strat didn't get floyded til later.
Quote by monwobobbo
the charvel seen on the 2nd album cover (now buried with dime) was the first one to have a Floyd. it was an original one made by Floyd Rose in his garage that didn't have the fine tuners. the Franken strat didn't get floyded til later.

Yeah the bumblebee Charvel was a non-locking Floyd trem Eddie didn't really like it that much from what I've read.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge