i build this steel body guitar
one of many BTW
any comments?

Trussart is in my backyard (LA area) and he does this already.
What about your guitar would coax me to buy it rather than Trussart's?

Last edited by dspellman at Nov 8, 2016,
Like dspellman, my first thought was Trussart. Although my taste in guitars is generally very conservative, there are a few more "out there" designs that I really like, including these corroded metal bodies. I would go for a different motif (eg acanthus), but I like the overall look and 2*P90 is my favourite pickup configuration. My main concern would be weight, so how much does it weigh?
8.1 lbs is the weight of a Metalcaster Gambler
the P90´s are great and i also can lower them or put them higher like a normal pickup
i also made some Metalcasters with PH90 pickups, a P90 in humbucker size
8.1 lbs is the weight of a Metalcaster Gambler
the P90´s are great and i also can lower them or put them higher like a normal pickup
i also made some Metalcasters with PH90 pickups, a P90 in humbucker size

Quote by sashki
I've always wondered how the neck and bridge are attached to the hollow steel body. Is there a solid block of wood down the middle?

the neckpocket is made out of a 3mm hollow block in the shape of the neckpocket and welded inside
Quote by dspellman
Trussart is in my backyard (LA area) and he does this already.
What about your guitar would coax me to buy it rather than Trussart's?

i think
1........ the price
2 My Metalcasters have a curved side that give more comfort while playing

3 you get a full customized guitar you can choose pickups, neck profile, just anything can be made by your wishes for a fair price
just ask what you want and i tell you if it is possible or not
i have made a guitar for a guy in Norway, he is a big trussart fan, i ask him what he think of it
this is what he said:

Well , what I is :
Your body is really unique both of guitars are good yours and Trussart s .
His week point is that he can't make so chiselled , rounded / angled / body but he makes all flats and to compensate that he makes more decorations and engravings .
If we take your and his bodies without any engraving or playing with patinas and colours his will look even ugly . May be that's why he put acid after patina ascending on different places of his guitars to make them more attractive . Your guitar is so that even if you paint it in one couloir it's looks great . Yours is very precisely made and the F hole is on the angle so it gives perfect view and better feeling . More playability.
Somethings what I also don't know why is that the Trussarts neck pockets are or seems fatter and harder felling.
Your body is lighter .
He pays more attention to the finish. You have to put ground /primer/ as soon as you cut before the welding . This must be done on the inner sides of the metal parts . You know this prevents rusting . He does this .
I am happy with this guitar I will change the neck with my rose wood neck as it's very beautiful and will fits to the classic view of your body . The Hokey neck is ok but looks scratched / it is scratched / and have many not so good looking things . The rosewood neck I will set is new no scratch at all . Rose wood don't require any finish so this makes it more unique. It's warmoth neck I ordered 5 months ago and it's 490 usd.
15 radius , wizard , jumbo frets , and also I will can apply your logo on it .
You have to pay more attention on the details.
- the final result must be perfect . There are some tricks the same as in dress styling .
Never use more than one / old looking / for example you can wear old scraped jeans with new looking and fresh shirt but never both of them and looking .
So is you make rust or sand bodies your necks must be perfect / the neck I sent you is good but looks also old . That's why I will set new rose wood neck because your body deserve it .
As I see metal building is nor so easy process and these guitars are expensive so the guitar must be as a jewel . Everything must be finished till last detail .
Last night I sprayed as muck as I can nitrocellulose laquier inside to prevent dusting . I applied also on the all Boby matte laquier and now the body loose warmer and when you touch it's is like a velvet or sone skin . I like this feeling .
The pick up I make it so I will wire all on the guitar later today .
I have some dimarzio so if I don't like the bridge pick up I will change it .
I need to make this guitar to play every day at home , when I practice and on stage
Not to keep it in a box .
The body is very comfortable
And it has this specific sustain and resonation
U know metal guitars
I just checked the sounding and it does super