Hey I'm having troubles with a guitar I have. It's an active pickups. It has a loud static noise at all times, and even more so when turning the volume pot. Made a video...

Any ideas?
Last edited by reelbigfish2020 at Nov 8, 2016,
How old is the battery?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
How old is the battery?

Dead batteries do strange things in active guitars effects pedals etc. for sure.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine that's pretty much what my atx did and steadily got worse..... try throwing in a lithium.... if that don't work to a tech
Quote by kramer242
Evilnine that's pretty much what my atx did and steadily got worse..... try throwing in a lithium.... if that don't work to a tech

Yeah I remember the first time the battery started to really fade with my EMG I was freaking out for a minute then it just died. I don't even want to talk about some of the crazy noises my effects pedals have made with dying batteries.

OP remember to always unplug the cord from your bass after playing or it will drain the battery.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine yup.... gets pretty weird.....i lost my sound too.... cranked up I could hear a faint sound..... i freaked out too and then I was like oh yeah.... battery lol sustainers get real weird too