Hello all I have a question for everyone, I am wondering how did you learn how to play the guitar? As in what resources did you use,(private lessons,youtube,etc,etc) And also when planning an event what service do you use to hire musicians? Thanks.
FYI: I've deleted your duplicate thread. Please be a little more careful in future!

Personally, I had lessons from a friend for about 6-8 months, which I thought was awesome. And from then on it's been all online resources: youtube; test lessons; you name it. There is such a wealth of material out there that you can keep reading forever and still not find any duplicates!

As for event planning, no idea, someone else will have to take that one!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Quote by sikora99
Hi!
I used to this lessons:
LINK REMOVED
Try it!

If you have anything useful to add, you better make it apparent now. Otherwise you'll be treated as a spambot.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Quote by saraswati90
Hello all I have a question for everyone, I am wondering how did you learn how to play the guitar? As in what resources did you use,(private lessons,youtube,etc,etc) And also when planning an event what service do you use to hire musicians? Thanks.

I learned from youtube, for the most part, the basics from a youtuber called "Sam Smith", then kind of learned by mimicking the guitarists in music videos.
I learned initially from friends, then from records, and playing with others, and gigs, and recording sessions, enough to go pro. But I really learned once I decided to study at the Guitar Institute (London) and thereafter from private lessons for many years (social as well as musical thing) with the guy that was head of rock and jazz (Shaun Baxter). That was when my playing moved forwardly massively.
https://soundcloud.com/jerry-kramskoy-1
Last edited by jerrykramskoy at Nov 15, 2016,
I'm completely self-taught and that was a long time before people had the internet. I was terrible for the first year, but I dedicated myself to it and now 25 years later I can play pretty anything I want to learn.