So yeah. The new year is very close and we
are all waiting to see manufacturers' new models. What do you expect to see ?

Note : esp members will be sent an email once a week. An update on 2017 guitars.
Really interesting concept.
What I expect to see: Ernie Ball is apparently testing some new strings so that is curious.

What I want to see: A basic Strymon delay/verb/mod multi-effect that doesn't cost silly money nor undercut their current products.

My list is small, but I am sure I will think of some more shortly.
i don't really care. i prefer to buy used, and i own a lot of gear, and don't really need anything cutting edge.

i am all about analog pedals and tube amps. but i do want to pick up a couple of nice MIJ jacksons.

as far as new stuff, i don't really give a shit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I am expecting a lot more interconnected devices...nothing in that range excites me much.

Made in USA guitars will probably jump in price another 30% or so...the big brands will probably find another 3rd world dump to make the lower end models in as China is becoming too "upscale" for them at $5 per workday, so maybe Laos, Cambodia or someplace around there

More boutique pedals $300 and up...again not much excites me in that category either.

Only thing I am looking forward is to see if Digitech make a new version of the Trio or someone decides to compete against it. It is a great jamming tool but there are a few deficiencies that need to be addressed, and it can be a much better pedal for the price. Hopefully that'll happen.
Quote by Will Lane
What I expect to see: Ernie Ball is apparently testing some new strings so that is curious.

What I want to see: A basic Strymon delay/verb/mod multi-effect that doesn't cost silly money nor undercut their current products.

My list is small, but I am sure I will think of some more shortly.

I think they'll undercut massively no matter what if they do that. Their 3 big pedals (Timeline, Mobius and Bigsky) all have more to offer than most people want, so I'd guess if they did a mix of all of them, people would get that and not get the separate pedals. And in a way, the Flint, Bluesky, El Capistan, Dig and Brigadier cover the more basic pedal versions of the Timeline and Bigsky.

The Mobius also could be torn down to several of their pedals. I think their range is strong as it is and I doubt we'll see a lot, since they just released the Riverside.
Mayones Regius
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
Quote by diabolical
I am expecting a lot more interconnected devices...nothing in that range excites me much.

Made in USA guitars will probably jump in price another 30% or so...the big brands will probably find another 3rd world dump to make the lower end models in as China is becoming too "upscale" for them at $5 per workday, so maybe Laos, Cambodia or someplace around there

More boutique pedals $300 and up...again not much excites me in that category either.

I know it's a common perception that people in china only make $5.00 a day but not true. while wages seem low compared to the US the cost of living there is much cheaper as well. Gov't controls prices on most things. brother lives and works over there so I have a fair bit of first hand info. having said that it is true that China is starting to get more expensive to manufacture in. like Japan and Korea before them people start to make a little money and eventually want more. they also want to be able to buy the fruits of their labor.

Only thing I am looking forward is to see if Digitech make a new version of the Trio or someone decides to compete against it. It is a great jamming tool but there are a few deficiencies that need to be addressed, and it can be a much better pedal for the price. Hopefully that'll happen.
Hoping to see a massive price drop on the hotone heartattack so i can try one out and a revised 6505 mh that doesnt overheat.