Hi guys, I'm out for buying a new amp and was debating between the Line 6 spider 3 15 and the Marshall mg10cf?
Can anyone give me a detailed explanation and justification for buying either of them?
Thank you
R.D
The Line 6 is a low quality amp with 15 watts, the Marshall is a low quality amp with 10 watts. They are adequate first amps for absolute beginners, but nothing more than that. You would be better off spending your money on something else.

Assuming you're a new player looking to get started, try looking into things like the Vox VT range, Fender Mustang, Roland Cube and Peavey Vypyr. It is also worth considering a multi effects unit like the Zoom G3 and practicing using headphones.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
both are entry level starter amps. the ones gary listed are a bit better overall, generally speaking.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
reub7777 how about the vox pricing where you are at or orange now makes small affordable amps.... I'm not sure how they are but they have killer reviews, but no effects, if you wanted effects
As an owner of the Marshall MG10CF. I think its pretty good, i have it as a smaller protable amp and it does the job alright. It can produce some alright clean and overdriven tones with it's 2 channels and gives some good volume, very capable of playing with others.
Quote by djlewis2
As an owner of the Marshall MG10CF. I think its pretty good, i have it as a smaller protable amp and it does the job alright. It can produce some alright clean and overdriven tones with it's 2 channels and gives some good volume, very capable of playing with others.
Yes, as a first starter amp for someone who doesn't know better, it's acceptable. However, it is a lot more expensive and lower quality than a lot of better amps aimed at the same market

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Personally even first started I used a small mg.... think slightly bigger than the 10 but don't remember for sure....i was learning a song, and it absolutely could not handle it.... sounded terrible..... if you're not looking for high level of volume I'd go with line 6.... they're ok until you try to crank them..... sometimes you can find deals on the Marshall dsl models but that would need a separate effects pedal