Page 3 of 60
So, I went into Sweetwater again...alone.
Turns out the Yamaha TRBX 305 fits a little better in my hands, so yeah, that might be what I end up getting.
Also, the Jackson SLATXMG 3-6 is purdy and now I see where the Jackson love is at. Under $700 which I don't have right now.
If you've seen the guitar store part in Wayne's World...it will be mine, oh, yes, it will be mine.

Tried a Charvel San Dimas. Felt solid, but the neck didn't feel good and had a real Fender vibe to it without as smooth of a neck.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I hate these threads now I feel obligated to buy another guitar in 2017
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I hate these threads now I feel obligated to buy another guitar in 2017

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Not that I have an issue with buying a 15th guitar but the wife...

...meh she won't care either
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

I have a few parts coming in today so I can finally get around to modding a few pedals. Also gonna be ordering a WGS Retro 30 for my Vintage Club 30.

Was also considering making a head cabinet for the VC30 cause its so damn heavy
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think what I'd like for next year is a new amp.

Maybe a 5153.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I think what I'd like for next year is a new amp.

Maybe a 5153.

I love my 5153 (50w). The volume jump is mildly annoying between channel 1 and 2, but I usually go for ch 3 regardless!
The volume jump is the same on my modded 6505+ between clean and crunch. I'm used to it
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've really started considering buying a Skervesen or an Aristides as my next guitar. The latter would be really cool, but they're pricey to say the least. Not that a Skervesen isn't.
GAS strikes again - I spotted a local facebook ad selling a Watkins Rapier 22 guitar from the mid '60s, in decent condition, for a sensible, non-"omg its over 50 years old so it must be worth a tonne of money" price (about as much as a squier standard). If it's still available in about a week's time, and it turns out to be a fairly solid and playable guitar, that is at least comparable to newer guitars in the same price range, I might go for it.

Also - 2017 "learn a new instrument" plan is in almost motion, I am waiting on the arrival of an alto saxophone
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
After a very very busy 2016 (still need to put a NGD up for a good deal I got recently) which resulted in a complete set up overhaul my 2017 looks like:

1) High end 7 string - Played a few Mayones' but not sure exactly what I want, may try to play a Carillion as well as I don't live to far away from where they are made
2) Upgrade to my Line 6HD500 - Had many a good show with it, but the lure of an Axe FX Floorboard unit may be too strong
3) A portable single channel lunchbox style amp, and mini pedalboard to easily transport to difficult rehearsals/gigs
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My plan is to learn to play the 4 guitars I currently own.
I DO want to buy some IR packs from Ownhammer. I have the demo one, and I can't believe how great my sound is now comparatively
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Right now, all I have is a cheap guitar, a tuner and a pick - literally. I miss those old days of my Ibanez Jem through Marshall amp.
Those days are coming back!

I have big plans for next year for 3 guitars I'm interested in. A decent Marshall amp head and cab. I'm also considering the DigiTech GSP1101.
Played a handful of Strats today. Elites, Standards, a Custom Shop.

I don't know why, but the American Special always just feels like the best Strat in my hands. Anyone have a similar experience?
Quote by JustRooster

I don't know why, but the American Special always just feels like the best Strat in my hands. Anyone have a similar experience?
I liked the American Special, but I preferred the Deluxe. I'd probably have gone with the Special if the Deluxe hadn't been on an end-of-line discount, and £50 less than a Standard.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Blompcube
GAS strikes again - I spotted a local facebook ad selling a Watkins Rapier 22 guitar from the mid '60s, in decent condition, for a sensible, non-"omg its over 50 years old so it must be worth a tonne of money" price (about as much as a squier standard). If it's still available in about a week's time, and it turns out to be a fairly solid and playable guitar, that is at least comparable to newer guitars in the same price range, I might go for it.

Also - 2017 "learn a new instrument" plan is in almost motion, I am waiting on the arrival of an alto saxophone

The hardest part is getting to not sound like a duck.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Painting my fugly guitar stand before it gets too cold. It's ugly, but functional. 8 guitar spots and I only have half of it filled...for now.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

My 2017 plans got a bit botched yesterday from a good deal on reverb. Let's just say half of my Godin gas has been alleviated

Current plans for 2017:

Godin Summit Classic HB
Godin 5th ave kingpin
Buy a pedal board
some sort of cheap delay and chorus pedals
Finish my explorer partscaster
And what work in stone could compare with the majesty of trees?
Let's see...
A good compressor, maybe a Keeley or Xotic
Another wah, CAE, RMC, something higher end
Boss HM2
Possible some speakers
Ibanez SIX27, if I can convince myself to sell the Carvin
Get the Splawn fixed
Retube the RoadKing
Sell my XXL head
Get better at using the gear i have.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
So now I find myself GASing for mini-hums. Agile has a couple of LP Deluxe clones right now, and there's the Dillion not-a-Firebird, either of which I might be able to swing before the end of the year. I really need to quit window-shopping but I can't really help myself.
Quote by LysanderSpoon
So now I find myself GASing for mini-hums. Agile has a couple of LP Deluxe clones right now, and there's the Dillion not-a-Firebird, either of which I might be able to swing before the end of the year. I really need to quit window-shopping but I can't really help myself.

I get a lot of ideas...and then they change!
The great thing about guitar is that it makes me take a long-view of things and assess what my end goal (allegedly) is. For me, this is getting a wishlist like my kids do (and want everything), but not jumping on the first thing that seems to blow me away. Which is really good, given I've had some nasty spending sprees under the manic side of bipolar disorder (like, I bought a car).

Doing research on a bass amp while I wait. Enjoy the ride and learn, because it takes time, and is forcing me to notice the little details and acquire skills.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

May pick up an MIM Strat project to tie me over until I can find something else.
Quote by JustRooster

I've played very few strats I didn't like, but the best one I've ever played was a MIA olympic white '91 model w/a maple board and EMG's several years back. I normally don't even like EMG's, but it simply had perfect tone, and feel/playability to me. I still think about that guitar/wish I could have bought it that day!

I've already made updates to my gear plans. This time, it's more so a case of me being responsible w/funds & planning things out. But also, some more $h!+ added, because GAS!

I've sold my silverface Bassman and cab, so that has added some $ to the gear fund. But I'm holding off on getting another guitar or amp. As bad as I'm GASing for a 2203/2204 head (Marshall, or a clone version), I've decided I won't allow myself to buy one until activity picks up w/my music project/plans (i.e - establishing a full line up w/regular rehearsals/gigs). A 2203 isn't exactly the most usable amp in a studio apartment, after all!

I still have an LP-type guitar on my agenda, but I'm probably going to hold off on that as well, in order to optimize my existing axes. I'm thinking some BKP Rebel Yells might end up in my white V. And I'm tempted to go through with an old idea of mine, and swap an OFR into my DK2M.

Recent additions to my GAS list mainly include some changes to my pedal collection. Selling my GT-OD, and going back to either a TS9 or OD808 instead. Also thinking of switching it up w/my wah pedal. I have a Dunlop CFH atm, but am considering going with another one of the signature wahs (something with a more aggressive sweep/wider frequency range).

Another thing I'm really GASing for atm isn't even a guitar or amp, but an Akai MPK 88 MIDI controller. Still trying to sell my old Kawai synth first before buying another keyboard, though.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Hey guys, i would like to know if some of you know or have already try a Diamond Guitars guitar. I live in France (that's why me english is so bad) so i can't try one in a store. I saw this one on Thomann https://www.thomann.de/fr/diamond_guitars_halcyon_zb_fr_kb.htm and i just fell in love with it but there are few reviews on internet so i don't know if they make good quality guitars. Im going to buy a new guitar for christmas and it will be this one, a schecter or a ltd. Again excuse my english. Pre thanks.
Diamond is the new name for DBZ guitars. Should be decent hard rock/metal machines.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That's a lush looking guitar, and I'm not big on superstrats so that's pretty impressive.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by bjgrifter
The hardest part is getting to not sound like a duck.

Yeah, the sax arrived this evening but I didn't get much chance to play it. Managed to figure out where to put my fingers and then make a sound that resembled a goose being strangled, but then had to go to a band practice.

Also I bought that Watkins Rapier - But that's a discussion for the NGD thread I'll post when I get around to it! See, I don't really have any plans for gear that I want to buy - stuff just shows up and sometimes it gets bought for GAS reasons and then I figure out how I'm going to make it useful later!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
2017 is going to be the year of the Gibson Les Paul.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by JustRooster
May pick up an MIM Strat project to tie me over until I can find something else.

This has happened.
Now that I think about it I could stand to get a good true bypass digital delay and compressor any suggestions for a good delay or compressor without having to mortgage my grandchildren?
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Now that I think about it I could stand to get a good true bypass digital delay and compressor any suggestions for a good delay or compressor without having to mortgage my grandchildren?

TC Flashback is decent and pretty cheap. Selectable bypass and cool features. Not great if you like a darker delay sound. Can't help you with the compressor. I don't use one personally.

Ordered a WGS Veteran 30. I figured the Retro might be a bit too bright. Can't wait to get it so I can toss it in my VC30
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm actually surprisingly content with my current gear. I might want to get a reverb pedal for weird ambient nonsense, and depending on my employment situation this time next year, new pickups for my Carvin, but other than that I'm pretty happy.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm actually surprisingly content with my current gear.
Simply the calm before the storm.

GAS will strike when you least expect it - especially with this thread!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Last edited by FlightofIcarus at Nov 23, 2016,
An update from my earlier post, Boy is she pretty. I'll try and post a NGD after the honeymoon period, but this guitar is stunning in every sense!

greenshot
And what work in stone could compare with the majesty of trees?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
TC Flashback is decent and pretty cheap. Selectable bypass and cool features. Not great if you like a darker delay sound. Can't help you with the compressor. I don't use one personally.

Ordered a WGS Veteran 30. I figured the Retro might be a bit too bright. Can't wait to get it so I can toss it in my VC30

Yeah I have heard good thing about the Flashback I won't be using a delay heavily which is why I want to keep the price low I have also been considering a looper The T.C.Electronics Ditto looper seems a bit simple any suggestions?
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Yeah I have heard good thing about the Flashback I won't be using a delay heavily which is why I want to keep the price low I have also been considering a looper The T.C.Electronics Ditto looper seems a bit simple any suggestions?

I've heard good things about the TC looper, and the Jamman as well.
Of those two, I'd get the jamman that has two pedals on it.
I picked up a Boomerang V1 for relatively cheap. It "does what it spose to do" but the sound quality is probably not on par with current tech.