Page 1 of 2
How often do you hug people?

Some people hug quite often such as when they're saying hello and goodbye all of the time. I remember at school from age 15-18 there was so much hugging like it was the default greeting or something or maybe we were just all horny teenagers. Nowadays I never hug to say hello and don't often hug to say goodbye unless it's one of my very close friends or I am abit drunk.

Hbu?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
not often?

i mean i haven't seen anyone hug worthy in months.

i always hug my high school friends when we meet up. we see each other maybe once every 3 years.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Handshakes are my preferred greeting, regardless of gender. If I'm good friends with them you can bro-hug, regardless of gender.
Quote by JustRooster
Handshakes are my preferred greeting, regardless of gender. If I'm good friends with them you can bro-hug, regardless of gender.
pffft, i don't even see gender anymore. real progressives tap genitals to show platonic affection.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I mean, I dont initiate hugs but I often reciprocate them.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My wife... pretty much every day. I grab her ass more than I hug her though

My kids... lots. I get goodnight hugs most nights.

My parents... every time I see them. Usually every couple of months.

Sister / bro in law, nephew .... same. Every couple of months.

I get and give lots of hugs
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Daily. Nearly all of the 30+ people I see daily are huggers and honestly sometimes it's what gets me through the day.

I don't hug people I don't know or if I know they smell bad but I'm down to hug anyone who needs a hug.
cat
Quote by soundgarden1986
yeah

i normally dont like being touched but im not gonna leave someone hanging feeling awkward af

I dont mind a handshake or a fistbump but hugs are a little much for me unless the situation is appropriate for one.

That being said, I wont leave somebody hanging and limp arm them in a hug or pull away
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by guitarxo
Daily. Nearly all of the 30+ people I see daily are huggers and honestly sometimes it's what gets me through the day.

I don't hug people I don't know or if I know they smell bad but I'm down to hug anyone who needs a hug.

"Where's my hug?" :3

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
"Where's my hug?" :3

hug my parents every time I see them (few times a week)
hug my chick friends every time I see them (everyday)
bro-hug my best guy friends whenever I see them (everyday)

so pretty often, never really thought about it, seems like a normal thing to do, like shaking hands when you meet up with people.
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Pretty much every time I see my mum she demands one
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
It's a weird thing of mine, but I actually hate it.

Obviously me and my girlfriend hug all the time.

But I'm not sure if it's just my friends, but there seems to be a thing where you go around hugging everyone when you arrive, then go around hugging everyone when you leave. It's really annoying, like, it's just so time consuming.

Especially if you're sat at a pub, you've gotta go round both sides of the table hugging everyone when you arrive. Then when it comes to leaving I almost get anxious as in my head I'm like 'why can't I just say bye, then walk away?', but I know my friends again all expect me to go round hugging and saying individual goodbyes to each of them.

Why are people so insistent on touching each other all the time? I wouldn't even prefer handshakes. Why can't I just wave at you and then leave?
Last edited by matt bickerton at Nov 10, 2016,
Quote by matt bickerton

Especially if you're sat at a pub, you've gotta go round both sides of the table hugging everyone when you arrive. Then when it comes to leaving I almost get anxious as in my head I'm like 'why can't I just say bye, then walk away?', but I know my friends again all expect me to go round hugging and saying individual goodbyes to each of them.

tfw everyone gets a hugs except you and the really creepy guy

bring back UG classic
that's why i don't really say goodbye to people, i just quietly leave without anyone noticing.

im like batman.

lonely
no one hugs me

Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Quote by kalypto
no one hugs me

a few of my female friends who i see less often and started doing the kiss on cheek thing and i am like wtf

bring back UG classic
Quote by jakesmellspoo

thanks

Quote by EndTheRapture51
a few of my female friends who i see less often and started doing the kiss on cheek thing and i am like wtf

they want the d bro
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Quote by kalypto
thanks

they want the d bro
that's exactly what my stupid brain would tell me.

girl smiles in my general direction: soulmates.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
that's exactly what my stupid brain would tell me.

girl smiles in my general direction: soulmates.

I saw a girl share something on FB the other day and it says if you walk past a girl and she avoids looking at you then she thinks you're really cute which makes it even worse

bring back UG classic
Hugs are fine. Never got used to the whole kiss-on-the-cheek thing.
Quote by kalypto
they want the d bro
It's a common thing in western europe. Even men do it.
(Although having thought about it, that doesn't disprove your point)
Extremely often for one family member. Almost never for other people. Here hugging is seen as part of a greeting which is very annoying, so I usually end up trying to make it as much of a half-hug and as quick as possible. Surprisingly, once I'm actually friends with someone, we don't have to hug anymore.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I saw a girl share something on FB the other day and it says if you walk past a girl and she avoids looking at you then she thinks you're really cute which makes it even worse
;_;
Quote by jakesmellspoo
;_;

senpai isn't noticing me because she fancies me

bring back UG classic
On a tangential note, how often do you say "I love you"?
It's probably a cultural difference but I've recently noticed that no-one in my family says it. Not that we don't love each other, we just express it in different ways. Meanwhile most people say "I love you" every time they talk on the phone. It's just a standard phrase that they use around family members.
I am a hug initiator, but I am too tall for most people to hug back.

It's hard being at the top.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by sashki
On a tangential note, how often do you say "I love you"?
It's probably a cultural difference but I've recently noticed that no-one in my family says it. Not that we don't love each other, we just express it in different ways. Meanwhile most people say "I love you" every time they talk on the phone. It's just a standard phrase that they use around family members.

I tell some of my female friends stuff like "Love you" or if someone does you a favour like offering you a lift you'll be like "Thanks love you" so that's not uncommon but "I love you" is something reserved for when I am in love with someone so not often and it's a big commitment to say that.

bring back UG classic
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I mean, I dont initiate hugs but I often reciprocate them.

same

Quote by EndTheRapture51

I remember at school from age 15-18 there was so much hugging like it was the default greeting or something or maybe we were just all horny teenagers.

definitely

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I'll never hug unless I'm hugged. I don't have any female friends but my mum is permitted to give me a hug on special occasions.

Female friends would be permitted to hug me as much as they liked, assuming they were attactive.
I have nothing important to say
In Spain people never give hugs. It's all kiss on both cheeks
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
whenever I meet or say goodbye to a good enough friend.

initially people I know get handshakes but at some point they move to hugs, usually after hung out a bunch of times.

when I've had a few drinks I'll usually hug goodbye anyone I've spoken to for more than a few minutes. which I cringe a bit at the next day since it would've been out of nowhere from their perspective.

I don't hug immediate family though at all, even though we're very close. only family that does get hugs are grandparents when they come to the country to visit and pretty much demand a hug on leaving.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Only if I see someone whom I haven't seen in a while. Bro-hug for the bros, hug for women.

If it's a guy I see regularly, some sort of fist-bump or handshake. If it's a close female friend, kiss on the cheek and a one-armed hug.
Quote by chrismendiola
Only if I see someone whom I haven't seen in a while. Bro-hug for the bros, hug for women.

If it's a guy I see regularly, some sort of fist-bump or handshake. If it's a close female friend, kiss on the cheek and a one-armed hug.

wow we got a PLAYA here

bring back UG classic
Always hug the outer family whenever I first see them and before we/they leave.

Never hug anyone else. Not close enough.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The act of playing the guitar isn't supposed to be entertaining.
just about every time I greet or say goodbye to a friend, so rather often. Do people kiss good friends of theirs? If I'm not going to be seeing a good friend for a while, or if a friend's in need, a peck on the forehead, nd vice versa from them. To my closest friends, not at all uncommon to say 'Love ya 'persons name'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
wow we got a PLAYA here

Mostly, it's cause it's a cultural custom for those women. Almost all of the are from Latin America, one grew up in France. The rest are just really affectionate. Every once in a while, it's the other way around (i.e. I receive a kiss), which isn't cultural anywhere AFAIK.
Quote by Owenlee55
just about every time I greet or say goodbye to a friend, so rather often. Do people kiss good friends of theirs?

I just answered this question.

Kiss on the forehead makes it seem like you're their dad or grandfather. It really depends on a couple of things. As I mentioned, for a lot of people, it's cultural. It also depends on who you are. For example, if you're comfortable with the person and you've established some sort of boundary WRT physical affection, it's probably okay. Or if you're a star, you can just grab 'em by the pussy.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Nov 10, 2016,
I shake hands with new people at work for sure. I don't always though as it's sometimes a bit too formal. It depends on the context of where we are and what they do. I often hug close friends though, more so than I used to as I see them less often.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Page 1 of 2